• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED DPMS LR-260 complete and .308 upper

mclovinmy260

Howdy, fellow long range sportsmen! I know, I'm a noob on this forum, not enough time to spend on the computer lately. Anyway, I have a rifle built on a DPMS lower receiver labeled LR-308.
Krieger 26" barrel chambered in .260 Rem
Rifle length quad rail handguard by DPMS
Timney 4.5 pound trigger
Magpul PRS
JP Rifles adjustable gas block
DPMS palm swell grip with shelf
YHM Suppressor adapter/Flash hider
DPMS bolt carrier group
Tactical Latch 2 charging handle latch
Additional upper
DPMS upper
Lothar 18.5 inch barrel
YHM suppressor adapter
Carbine length quad rail handguard
Low Pro gas block
DPMS bolt carrier group

I found this rig to be too heavy for an, "all purpose rifle." I know it shoots! Quite well, in fact. I have a 6.5 Grendel which I will use for varmint and whitetail here in Wisconsin. I am going to hopefully purchase a 338 Edge from Len as my ELR gun. Simply put, that's why I'm selling. Possible extras MAY include: Pmags, new brass, once fired brass. Optic and mount not included, so don't even ask. Yep that's a Mk 4 with LaRue mount. Serious buyers only. I can post more photos tomorrow.gun)

Attachments

• IMG_1839[1].jpg
    IMG_1839[1].jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 9
You have a second lower? Is that what I'm reading or just another barrel? I'm looking for a short light weight upper, if it is a separate upper the 18.5 barrel what caliber is that in? Is it 308 or 260 also? If I am correct are you willing to sell that upper alone? And if so what kinda price you thinking? Also is it a light barrel or a heavy short barrel?
Thank you!

You have a second lower? Is that what I'm reading or just another barrel? I'm looking for a short light weight upper, if it is a separate upper the 18.5 barrel what caliber is that in? Is it 308 or 260 also? If I am correct are you willing to sell that upper alone? And if so what kinda price you thinking? Also is it a light barrel or a heavy short barrel?
Thank you!

Reads to me as one complete rifle in .260 and a second complete upper in .308 with the 18.5 in barrel. I'm sure the OP can verify that and comment on the .308's barrel profile, though I'd be surprise if it was anything but a heavy barrel.

Yes I figured that out after I re-read the post! Haha but yeah it prob is heavy just looking for more of a hunting tactical walking weight barrel. Don't need a bench gun already have that! Want something light to carry!
Thank you!

Let me get you guys some more photos!! I think that might help. Also, yes, complete package. Lower and two uppers, no optics or mount, four mags total (two dpms S.S. 20 rounders, two Pmags), .260 is 1-8" twist Heavy contour, .308 is 1-12" twist lighter contour (.750 @ gas block). I would just as soon sell it all together as a unit instead of parting out, but if I have to...

Groups wise, I was doing real well with 120 Noslers BT's, half inch at a hundred yards. I'd make a deal on new brass and some once fired cases. All the .264 bullets I'm keeping along with my.308 stuff.
\
Thanks for the interest guys!

I'm going to take some more photos

More pics

.260 with LaRue Mount and Leupold Mark4 Lr 6.5-20, lightweight bipod and leather match style sling is just under 15 pounds.
.308 upper on same lower shows 9.5 pounds on bathroom scale. Not sure how accurate that is?

Attachments

• IMG_3318[1].jpg
    IMG_3318[1].jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3319[1].jpg
    IMG_3319[1].jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3320[1].jpg
    IMG_3320[1].jpg
    223 KB · Views: 11

Recent Posts