DPMS 3g1 .308

Win.308Stealth

Does anybody here have first hand experience with a 3g1 by DPMS in .308? How reliable are they? I have shot dpms rifles before in .223 and a friends LR ..308 24 in. Bull barreled rifle and these shoot extremely well. But I am looking for someone with first hand experience. Also have you ever shot for accuracy off a bench or bipods? Factory loads or handloads. Already paid for one, just waiting for it to come in. Thanks in advance.

My buddy has one. I'll ask him about it. It has a crappy 50 dollar scope from sportsmans guide and he swears by his current package. I'll get an answer tomorrow from a more quantitive perspective.

Alright, turns out he never shot it. He bought it, locked it up, and takes the rifle out as a conversation piece and for ooohhhs and ahhhhss. It looked and felt like a solid rifle but I have no clue on performance. Sorry about that.

I reload a DPMS-LR 308 and a Savage mobel 10 308..... There are some things to be careful of, but the gun is extremely accurate, shooting a clover at 100 yds, with reloads.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.