Dpms 338

jsmoore

Just orderd a DPMS 338 Fed, would like any info on the gun. Has anyone had a chance to shoot one? Any comments on this rifle?

I have one that i got early this year. I have hardly shot it, but what i have i like it. It actually showed up the day i was leaving to go hog hunting in texas with some friends. I slapped a bushnell 4200 3-12 on it and we left. Once there we shot it to sight it in. Two spotters and then one three shot group. It did 3/4" with factory federal fusion 200gr which are bought the cheapest and no break in. Did some spot and stalk and shot small boar with it and dropped him like a sledgehammer at about 80 yards. Later i shot tiny one and bought blew him in half at 25 yards. Thats all i have shot it. I dont think it kicks bad at all and is pretty light wieght. Plan on shooting some deer with it this fall. Depending on what u want it for i think you will like it alot.

I have just recently purchased one myself. Total of about 170 rounds through it and like it. Just need to dial it in better and find if there is a particular round it likes. First time out was with American Eagle 185 gr. 3 in group. Had little trouble with bolt recoil enough to load next round, ended up over-lubbin the bolt with no further feed problems. If you find a round the rifle really likes let me know. Curently tryin Fusion 200gr. The jury is still out on them, 4 in groups but wind was round 20mph. Good enough for bambi in a couple days though.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.