Double Bull blind question

Buzzsaw

I'm in the market for a collapsable blind. I'm on a new lease and don't know where to put a permanent blind yet. Will the Double Bull, Eastman, Cabela's, etc hold up if I leave it "set up" out in the feild all season???

I will be rifle hunting out of it from 50yds - 1000yds, I will have sticks with me, maybe a small portable bench if I'm going real long. I would like to be higher and will when I put up a permanent box blind.

If any of you have had any sucess with these let me know. I am wanting to spend closer to $200 rather than $400 for the Doublr Bull, I can get a good box blind for $400.

By the way I'm in the Texas Hill Country, so temperatures can get warn early season.
Thank's,
Buzzsaw:confused:

I had a Ameristep Brickhouse out for the better part of a year and it held up very well.
There was some discoloration of the little flippy leaves but thats about it.

The other thing is if it got a heavy snow the top would collapse so I tied it up to a tree limb above it.

Hope that helps.
Mike

helps alot

I think Cabela's sell the Ameristep. I'm going there Saturday to get a close up look.

Thank you for the info, it is help full. I guess the sun in Texas could fade it too. I would try to get it under some trees.

Ground Blind's.

I have four different ground blind's. The Double Bull is by far the best. The next best is one called the "Escape". If I were going to leave one up all year then I would go with the Double Bull. It is a good bit more expensive, but it will last with no problem.

I have two Double Bull blind's, and I leave them out all hunting season with no problems.

The only problem with the Double Bull is getting in and out of them. I do not like the way the door is designed. But beside the door, it is the Cadillac. Tom.

Buzzsaw

I just got back from a turkey hunt and saw your post so if
i'm in time thin I may save you some money!!

Double Bull is a very good blind BUT, I have tried them as well as other
blinds that use the Hub design and some times they can be difficult
to put up by your self ( In the dark ).

Two years ago I bought a Cabela,s Lightning Set Blind and I realy
like it and besides being the easest to set up ( I can do it in seconds
by my self and in the dark) it is around $160.00.

Plenty of room to bow hunt with a frend.

Of all the blinds I have it is my favorite!!!!

Just my 2 cents
J E CUSTOM

Double Bull often has "factory seconds" for sale at very good prices that have been repaired with minor issues originally. Particularily now at the start of the show season.

On Ebay you can often get one for about 1/2 price of new.

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.