don't know what to get.. need help

Freedom2live

Hello there hope all is well, my question is well do any of you folks have nikon monarch bdc scopes . Are they any good ?? I been obsessed with long shots, my eyes are not what they were (same goes with married life ) anyway I want the best scope for around 700 bucks.. Its has to have lifetime warranty.. Any experience would be appreciated

Depending on which size of scope your looking at you should be able to easily get under $700 with a BDC Monarch. Unless your looking at a Monarch X model. The Monarchs are a great scope with good clear optics. My only real complaint on the optics is at times you will get a slight glare/refection on the eyepiece lense but I am certainly being very critical there. You will hear mixed opinions on the BDC. Either you will like it or you wont. I bought one for my sons gun and he loves it and I quite like it as well. Depending on the size of game you are shooting will determine how well the BDC will work for you. On elk, you should be able to shoot a very long ways. On praire dogs you might not get the precision you might like because the circles are too big. Like I said, I bought one and dont regret it one bit. Very pleased. Hope that helps.

I have a Leupold VX3 4.5-14 x50 with the B&C reticle. This model is simple to use and the optics are typical Leupold quality, very good. I think this scope is close to the price range you are looking at. Just another option.

I have Nikon Monarchs BDC on all my rifles. They are tough, dependable, and very clear. They are well worth the money. They also just came out with "spot-on" technology that helps you fine tune your circles. Type in your critical load data and hit fire. They will give you everything you need. I was skeptical at first, but it is very close. You should be very happy with the Monarch BDC series.

Find a store and look through everything you can. That is probably the only way to know what will work for you. I am partial to Vortex, although I have several Nikon Buckmasters. Vipers are better in all ways.

Ive got mornarchs but not bdc ones. I do have a couple team primos which were the older monarchs with bdc. Personaly i dont care for bdc. It seems like when im actually shooting game i rarely use it and just revert back to doping range and holding over. Make mine a standard duplex.

I agree on the circles. They seem to get in the way, so to speak. I prefer the Vortex BDC. On my 6.5x20, it is a regular sized reticle with windage and elevation marks. My 2.5x10 has very similar marks but at about half size. It give a nice, fine aiming point, much easeir than the Nikon.

I totaly agree jeff. I never saw why nikon used those stupid circles. I know there supposidly for ranging but id take straight lines anyday like vortex and leupold uses if i wanted another bdc scope. those circles are just to distracting.

I wouldn't say they are stupid. They work when you use them the way intended. A person needs to know the usage intended and then decide if it is right for them. I would highly recommend checking out the Spot On program before deciding against the BDC, it is very cool!

I know what you mean. I have 2 Conquests. The 6.5-20x50 and the 3-12x56 30mm. I have fallen in love with my 6.5-20x50 with the Z-Plex. I'd like to have the reticle swapped over to a Mil-Dot, and also am considering ordering a Mil-Dot 6.5-20x50 in my next order to Midway USA.

To me, Zeiss Conquest scopes are THE best bang for your buck. Their coating on those is almost as good as their Victory line of scopes (their top of the line).

I want a NF so bad I can't stand it, but can't afford one, unless I sell a gun (which ain't happening), or a truck, or something else like that.

So, I'm debating on giving this a try next....Just to help diversify my glass collection. I like how you send them ballistics data and they make you custom turrets for a VERY reasonable price. And the turrets are marked in yardage and not in clicks.

Vortex Viper PST Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 6-24x 50mm Side Focus 1/10 MIL

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts