Don't be lookin' @ ma hosses

It's kind of funny, the current conversation.

Back in the day, when homesteaders iived in soddys almost every family had a pet wolf puppy.

Wonder how those stories ended...

The old time folks had no question about a canines place, and that's the key. No mama's little baby BS. No pet therapist, no drugs to stop bad behavior.

When that Yukon King TV series was running to get the Malamute to "look like" he was attacking a perp they had to hang a pork chop around the actors neck and dub in the growling.

my catahoulas would raise holy hell when a stranger came around. I could quiet them instantly.

They were great with kids. Hell on rank cattle, cats, weasels, yotes.

Did a local movie once, was animal handler and foley artist (sound maker :D) had to tuck a Whopper under the actors sweat shirt to get the dog to sniffing around and place front feet on him.

My best border collies went for my wife's throat every time he got the chance. What's with that?:rolleyes: Ripped her, wife's collar, several times. Wife wondered wondered why I didn't get rid of him. Pretty simple! He was a helluva dog. :rolleyes:

IMO, the best part of the article is the biologist being quoted as "he looked really wolfy". I hate when those science types get all technical on me...

My grandad had a pet coyote he raised from a pup as a kid. He could never break it from killing chickens, and it had to go.

At the time he was attatched to it, so he sold it to a buddy for half what the bounty was at the time.

He knew what was going to happen, but didn't want to do it himself. In those areas that had bounties I bet more than this one ended up property of the county.

It wouldn't surprise me to find a few litters got raised just for this purpose. Country folk will survive.

Was your grand father from Anaconda Montana? I swear I have heard this same story from my father about a hundred times of the neighbors, and their pet coyote that was to smart to kill or catch. Supposedly this coyote was hard on every neighbors chickens and the places were not real close!

Was your grand father from Anaconda Montana? I swear I have heard this same story from my father about a hundred times of the neighbors, and their pet coyote that was to smart to kill or catch. Supposedly this coyote was hard on every neighbors chickens and the places were not real close!

East Texas, At one point he tied him short to a wagon wheel-coyote laid there like he was asleep until a chicken pecked it's way into range.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.