Donald Trump Jr wants to make suppressors easier to buy

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Washington Post article. They keep calling it a SILENCER and not a SUPPRESSOR

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...4ab630851e8_story.html?utm_term=.9206c4b53c6a

gunsilencer_103.JPG

Last edited:
I read that also. Looking forward to it, so I can purchase one at Sportsman's Warehouse or Cabela's.
Walk in and walk out.:)

I have no desire and will probably never own a suppressor, but the law restricting them is stupid. Americans should have the right to use a suppressor if they wish.

We have suppressors (mufflers) on automobiles and we don't pay extra for it, so why not the same for firearms. Besides, both are related to noise reduction.

Waiting on this bill to be passed (or nullified) will be faster than waiting for your stamp. ATF rejected mine due to FFL changing locations so I have to start over. We thought they would expedite like they had for him in the past but no go. I'm gonna wait this one out.

I bet the house prices will jump solid 10-20% tho!

I bet the house prices will jump solid 10-20% tho!

Why do you suspect that? The license/permit fee went to the Feds...

I think there are too many manufacturer's for them all to conspire to add the license fee to their profit margin.

I think that is the best news I have heard all week. Suppressors are great for hearing conservation. And the regulations that we have governing their aquisition are ridiculous and burdensome and only serve to revenue generate for the Feds

Thank you for making my day and sharing it.

Lets hope Trump Jr succeeds in his endeavor.

This is great news and I would get a suppressor or two if they didn't cost $1k in addition to all the red tape. However don't start thinking that there is not still a pack of fools out there that don't want you to have a gun.

My number one exhibit, our new Washington state attorney general is moving ahead with his plans to ban assault rifles even though it has no shot of getting passed. They just keep making these idiots.

I think there are too many manufacturer's for them all to conspire to add the license fee to their profit margin.

Not only this, but i'm willing to bet many more companies will start making them, which will in turn drive prices down.

Supply and demand.

Not only this, but i'm willing to bet many more companies will start making them, which will in turn drive prices down.

Perhaps, but initially there will be an overwhelming amount of demand, supply probably won't sustain it. Production will undoubtedly increase.

My suppressor was built in a guys garage. Seems pretty easy to make, just depends on if they are treated like firearms and require serial numbers and registration. Most likely they will

Suppressors are a good idea. I cannot understand why they are so heavily regulated. Politicians and the public watching too many movies, I assume. I can't wait for my smith to build me one now.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.