Dog Load ?

CoyoteWright

Looking for a GOOD load for taking coyotes at about 400 yds+ with a 22.250, out of a Remington 700 v with a 26 in bull barrel, I shoot 50 gr V-MAX but need a change Any info on this would help !! (STUCK)

I'd recommend the heaviest bullet the gun will shoot well. That is 60gr or larger.

Don't worry about the decreased velocity. The higher BC will take over beyond the 300 yard mark.

Thanks We'll try some different types on the heavy side and see what the gun likes.. Any powder I should try , right now I use VARGET THANKS AGAIN,,

Most 22-250's have too slow of a twist to stabilize the 70gr VLD, but if your 22-250 has a 1:9 twist that is an excellent option. Also the 60gr V MAX and 68gr MBTHP are also excellent options if the rifle will handle them.

i use 35.5 of benchmark with a 50 baltip out of my vssf. if i was to go heavier i would use h-380 and a 60 baltip.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.