dog in mt

theloggerman

just moved to bozeman Montana from WA and was wandering where can i go to shoot some prairie dogs? the longer the better.

ha ha thanks but i was thinking of some thing a little more specific than that. If all i wanted was to kill them than all i got ta do is drive down the rode.:D I was hoping some one cud point me to a farmer or a rancher or some state ground. Something with a 1000 yds or more.

Have not shot dogs in that area. If I was going to I'd stop by the BLM and National forest departments to pick up maps of the area. While there they may point you to a couple of spots....Unless they are like the wench at the Casper BLM office
icon9.gif
It also pays to stop by the local feed /supply stores or the local cafe's!
Anyway armed with the BLM maps you can start looking for BLM and/or state land that lays in the river/creek bottoms and work out from there.
If your stepping on pine needles your in the wrong place:D

thanks will do. Back home we have ground squirrels and thy like pin country good to know that's not the it is here.

thanks four all the great info. armed with some good maps that show state land. and yo using the satellite on google maps. and talking with some of the locals. i am hadding out this week and if the weathers not to bad.

One thing to check into is the possibility of needing a small game license. In Wyoming they specifically exclude PD's from being regulated. It would be very unfortunate if you got popped for a no license violation.
It is worth checking into.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.