Does anyone use Burris?

My son and daughter have 3-9 Fullfield II's with the Ballistic Plex reticle. They have killed deer and antelope from 200 yards to a whopping 648 yards. The are mounted on 300 Mags and are holding up great. We have never had a problem with the Burris scopes. NJS

I think Burris has the highest lite transmition at 99.8%. that is hard to beat! Their glass is very, very good. I just sent one in to have target knobs installed. I am looking foward to getting it back so I can play at longer ranges. I realy like my 4X16X50 Blackdimond. For their price range they stand alone.
Bill Maylor..

I have 4 burris black diamonds,two 6-24 and two 4-16. I really like them, I also have a Leupy VX_III 6.5-20 and a pair of Conquest's 1@ 6.5-20 & 1@ 4-16..
I'd rate the BD's and the Conquest equal and above the Leupy. I'm happy with all of them. Just my humble opinon.

I have 4 Burris 3x9, 1 2x7 and a 5x14 and am happy with all of them. They are clear and all have ballistic plex reticles and out to 500 yards they are right on when sighted correctly. On the 5x14, I ran some of my loads through a ballistic program to check on maybe changing the ranges using the ballistic plex. I was able to set it up so that instead of the thick part of the lower cross hair being used for 500 yards, it is now adjusted for 700. I have practiced with it in the field and here again, it is dead on out to 700. I shouldn't say dead on because at 200 yards it is shooting 2.2 inches high which is the high point of the trajectory path, or thereabouts. Now I don't know about anyone else, but if I hit an animal withiin 2 inches of my point of aim, it is going down.
I've also had to call customer service a time or two and they have been very helpful.
In my opinion, the burris is a great value. The optics, though not Swarovsky class, are more than clear enough and I think it is the best scope for the money on the market.

i have the 4.5-16 fullfield 11 on my .308. love it. love the blisplex. not cluttered at all. matches my .308 trajectory. plus i got the 12-24x50 spotting scope with it for the same price as the scope its self. love that spotting scope. i wouldnt hesitates to recommend it to anyone,

I have 3 BURRIS scopes and never had to re set the zero..once its on it stays there.
Some say the glass is poor quality but the beating one went through a few years back
I doubt any other scope wound survived. In my opinion there scopes are a good investment.

I have Burris exclusively on my rifles - they have yet to let me down in any way.

My Fullfield II 3x9 w/ BDC reticle is dead-on where they say it should be out to 600 yards.

Excellent rifles for the money.

Howdy,

I have a 2X8 signature that has been on a Rem. .280 for over 20 years. Still super!!! At the same time, I bought and mounted a fullfield 4X on a .257 Roberts. It has nearly 1700 rounds through it... still super!!! I purchased a Signature Select 1.75X5 Safari and mounted it on a lightweight .340 Weatherby... kicks like a mule, but the scope is still super!!! I have a recently purchased 4.5X14 TAC30 on Win. 70 in 7WSM. This is my long range rig. This has the best glass of all my Burris scopes, the adjustments are spot on with no backlash. Square test was best of all my scopes, including Leupold, Nikon, Bausch and Lomb, etc. It has a 15 degree tilt in the base and will reach out to 700 yards in one revolution of the turret. It is better than super!!!

Yeah, I'll buy another sometime in the future for grandsons.

Best to you, and good shooting.

Coach

I had a black diamond 6-24x50 it had a mili dot reticle.The mili dot's were a little small for me other than that a good scope for the money.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.