Does anyone make a +MOA scope base??

ShootnMathews

I have looked he web for a 20 MOA scope base for my optima pro but cannot find any canted muzzleloader bases at all. Surely someone makes one I would think. Thanks for the help

Would it work to take any 20 Moa pic. rail and bed it with JBweld to fit the barrel then drill new mount holes in the rail to match the barrel holes? I'm am skilled enough to do that work. I just want to hear if you gunsmith guys think that would hold zero and be effective for maximizing my dialing range.

I'd like to be able to dial to 500 yards. The gun shoots about 2.5" at 200 yards. Maybe 2". It's accurate enough to hit a deer at 450-500. I'd like to be able to dial it. The scope is a bushnell elite tactical 3200 10x mil/mil. I think it has 80 Moa travel. So 40 to dial up if its zeroed at center. Midways site is down when I tried the link. Ill try it later again.

do u have enough adjustment now to do it?

20moa will add 5.8 mil to it..

you could also, just shim the existing mount

I may have enough adjustment, but I did not mention I also want to bring the scope back further. With the weaver two piece bases it is farther away from my eye than I want. It's always cold here in muzzleloader season and the winter wear clothes make it a squeeze to get a full view. I was thinking of maybe using the pictured base. Relieve an inch or what is needed at the rear of the base to clear over the break action, drill the holes to mount it, then bed it with JB Weld so that it contours to the barrel for a tight, proper fit. That way I'll be able to mount the scope where I want it and gain MOA to stay it the center dialing range of the scope. Think that would work??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 133
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.