Does anyone know this headstamp

thumbs

I just got a bunch of 223 brass mostly LC. There are a number of brass mixed in with the headstamp of TAA 09 along with the nato marking. Does anyone know who makes the TAA 09 brass? And if so what differences in this brass is there compared to the LC brass? I have them separated now but don't know if they are really the same as the LC or not.

thanks

TAA Headstamp=205th Arsenal Taiwan
They should be the same spec as LC and WCC.
All three are the same NATO spec sponsored by the USA.

I found a site that had a bunch of head stamp locations.. One place had two TA head stamp one said taiwan and the other was tel aviv but I couldn't find a TAA listing.
Now the question is will the TAA and the LC load exactly the same and shoot the same? Do both have the same internal volume?

I found a site that had a bunch of head stamp locations.. One place had two TA head stamp one said taiwan and the other was tel aviv but I couldn't find a TAA listing.
Now the question is will the TAA and the LC load exactly the same and shoot the same? Do both have the same internal volume?

You'll either have to measure that yourself, or just pick one and stick with it...

yep according to that they are Taiwan. I read it all and to tell you the truth the implications scare the hell out of me.

Did the volume weight check between the TAA and the LC.

TAA 09—LC Volume
TAA Volume

Dry Wet

1. 100gr 130gr

2. 98.4 129.7

3. 99.3 129.1

4. 98.4 129.2

5. 99 129.5

Average Weight 99.2gr dry 129.5gr wet

Average Volume 30.3gr Water

Lake City Volume

Dry Wet

1. 96gr 127gr

2. 96.4 127.7

3. 96 127.2

4. 95.7 127.2

5. 95.8 127.3

Average Weight 96.02gr dry 127.28gr wet

Average Volume 31.26gr Water

So it appears there is about a grain difference the LC being a bit more volume than the TAA. Not exactly sure what this means or how much difference it may make if loaded all the same but these are the numbers I got. Your numbers may differ and mine should not be taken as gospel. Before you do anything do your own calculations. Also this is water weight not powder.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.