Does anyone have a 7 wsm reamer?

You would normally be more like .2845" for a throat diameter so with a .287", it takes some distance with a 1 1/2 degree to reach the bullet diameter of .284" so you you can seat the bullet a little farther out than with a normal diameter throat. I hope this helps....rich

I'm not seeing it, it looks like 0 to me. What am I reading wrong here?View attachment 94193
The reamer makes the hole in the barrel funnel shaped. Each side of the funnel has a 1.5° taper. The diameter of the funnel at the entrance is .287". The bullet diameter is .284". The bullet isn't going to make contact until it reaches the point inside the funnel that has a .284" diameter. That point is .0573" from the opening.

A common style of freebore has a cylindrical shape, instead of a cone shape, and has a .0005" larger diameter than the bullet. In this instance that diameter would be .2845". The point inside the funnel that has a .2845" diameter is .0477" from the opening.

So, if you had a cylindrical shaped freebore that had a diameter of .2845" and was .0477" long before it started the 1.5° taper per side, the bullet would contact the lands at the same depth, distance from the boltface, as it does from your cone shaped zero freebore throat.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.