Do you use an Scope Cover ?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by redbone, Jun 22, 2007.

1. redbone

redbone Well-Known Member

Hay Guys

Do you use Scope Covers on your Scope ?

I use Bulter Creek Scope Covers , But they get in the way when I Go hunting .

I like them on my benchrest Rifles .

What kind do you use ?

What is the Best Scope Covers out there ?

How do you use them ?

Redbone

2. FergusBailey

FergusBailey Member

Most of my hunting is in pretty dusty conditions, so a cover is mandatory to protect the lenses. I use a "scope coat" as they protect the scope well and are easy to get off with a single movement before a shot.

3. tjbill

tjbill Well-Known Member

I use the scope jackets now because of the more complete protection of the scope. Plus they are so quick to take off.

4. Ian M

Ian M Well-Known Member

I also use SCOPE COATS, they protect the scope best. Really like them for protecting the scope from rubbing in the gunvault as well as during outdoor use. Two weights of neoprene, the heavy tactical design is good for big scopes and protects the action, the lighter one I use for hunting scopes. I pull them right over Butler Creeks.

5. Gustavo

Gustavo Writers Guild

6. zingdingo

zingdingo Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, how do your butler creeks get in the way hunting? Are you talking about the flip up's?

7. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

The flip up caps are always flipping up and flopping around when you don't want them to.

The scope coat is great.

8. Dead Beat

Dead Beat Well-Known Member

all i have is the scope coats works great

DB

9. parlaan

parlaan Active Member

I use the scope coat and the butler creek flip opens. I cut two holes the exact same size as the front and back part of the scope so the center and some of the lens is covered, and just leave the coat on for most of the time. When i'm about to shoot I flip up the butler creeks.