Do you use an Angle Cosine Indicator (ACI) for uphill/downhill shots?

Do you use an Angle Cosine Indicator on uphill/downhill shots?

• Yes, of course!

Votes: 300 25.5%
  • No, I don't need it where I hunt.

Votes: 494 42.0%
  • No, but I really should use one.

Votes: 383 32.5%

• Total voters
Good shot either way , 27 degrees angle fits better and comes up about a 500 yard shot. Congratulations on a great bear and that great feeling you get when you connect on a shot like that !

I have memorized cosine values in 5 degree increments from 0 to 60 degrees - just another gadget to spend money on - I am not a human computer but like numbers.

I have memorized cosine values in 5 degree increments from 0 to 60 degrees - just another gadget to spend money on - I am not a human computer but like numbers.

Good for you ! It doesn't make any difference where the number comes from.
As long as you have a number to adjust your sight with, and you are satisfied
it will produce the desired results. GO for it.

I bought a surveyors inclinometer to give me the exact angle and degrees and
work out sight setting with known distance. the inclinometer cost $25.00.

But, now I use a range finder out to a 1000 yds and it gives me an angle if
any and it's much quicker. At a cost of 20x as much.

Keep them all in the middle they look prettier there.

That's great, as a young man in college we were suppose to memorize 0°, 30°, 45°,
60° and 90°.

Now the question is how well one would do under pressure, with a bunch of
adrenaline rushing all over. Would we still remember those cosines from 0° to 60°? :D

That's great, as a young man in college we were suppose to memorize 0°, 30°, 45°,
60° and 90°.

adrenaline rushing all over. Would we still remember those cosines from 0° to 60°? :D

I think the gentleman was explaining a system he is using. It seems to work for him. I did not get the Idea that he was trying to sell anyone on its
merits. I think you answered your own question quite well.

That's one of the reason ARC range finders have become so popular.

Have fun shoot out the middles.

I think the gentleman was explaining a system he is using. It seems to work for him. I did not get the Idea that he was trying to sell anyone on its
merits. I think you answered your own question quite well.

That's one of the reason ARC range finders have become so popular.

Have fun shoot out the middles.

I did not get the Idea that he was trying to sell anyone on its
merits.

I agree with you!

The reason I said:

adrenaline rushing all over. Would we still remember those cosines from 0° to 60°?

I was not trying to be excessively direct by saying:

How well can you do under stress and a bunch of adrenaline rushing through your body?

I know it would not work for me but it's great for those that can handle it.

60° and 90°.

Howdy,

Practice, Practice Practice is really where its at.
Life time Archery Instructor for NFAA.
I love my rifles as well.

Here's important information to be cognizant of, regarding Laser Range Finders.

1. Electronics Fail;

2. Batteries Die;

3. Civilian Laser Range Finder's as well as some Military Specific Laser Range Finders do not range well in tall grass, trees, and at distance, rocky terrain;

4. LRF's must be treated carefully as they do not pass the drop test well;

5. Most Civilian LRF's are not to be exposed to freezing temperatures without a heat source attached. This is because the "gate" that the diode is located on can and will warp from the freezing temperatures.

CB11WYO,

While the ACI's are still a little spendy and the rangefinder combos are subject to a
possible battery failure. I bought a surveyors inclinometer several years ago to read
in degrees the up and down of places I hunted in. Of course you have to have a ballistic chart, range finding device and windage meter to adjust your sight.
Along with hours and hours of practice to become accurate.

With all that being said, probably quicker and cheaper to just buy an ACI.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.