Do you Shoot 100 Gr Barnes X Bullet for 25 06

redbone

Hay Guys

I know I have asked for 25 06 Hand load before .

That was any 25 06 hand load .

But Know

I have Just Bought some barnes 100 Gr X Bullets

So Know I need Handload Info for Barnes X Bullet 100 Gr 25 06

If you shoot them What do Load Data . Any Info Needed

Thanks Again

Redbone

Redbone - did you buy the X or the TSX?

Here's my reply from back on 11-18-07:

Barnes 100 gr TSX
53 gr H4350
Win case
Fed 210m primer

3340 fps mv

Have used this load to take two mulies in the past three years. Both were DRT. Complete penetration. Both were shorter range shots, one at about 30 yards, the other at about 125 yards.

Please use care working up to this load. It's fine in my rifle, but perhaps not in yours. I built to it, using the guidelines published by Barnes when the TSX was first introduced.

Regards, Guy

When I worked up the 100gr loads in my 25 I started out using the Nosler BT. I found that with an AOL of 3.250 it would basically shoot through the same hole. After shooting the first couple of deer with that bullet I wanted something which didn't damage as much surrounding meat so I tried out some 100gr Partitions, and the Barnes X. Since I had been shooting the BT I simply switched the bullets and nothing else. The load wasn't max so I wasn't worried about the pressure issues. I found that using the same setting on the seating die, both the other bullets also shot into less than 1" groups as well only in slightly different impact areas. However the best part was that they all shot into less than a 2" group at 200yds which was plenty good for me.

I tried several powders when working with them all through the years but the best I found for my rifle was IMR-4831 with the 100gr bullets. The only other 100gr that did not shoot well with this powder was the Sierra which like IMR-4350. As for the loads I can't give data on them as I am not at the house, but do know it was somewhere between 50 and 53grs respectively for all loads. I used Win, Rem, and Fed cases which all seemed to shoot equally well for hunting loads, but if I wanted the utmost accuracy I used Win.

Redbone,
My .25-06 Sendero shoots the 100gn TSX into sub 1/2" groups with 55.5gn of RL22 and 9.5M primers. Start low and work up. JohnnyK.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.