Do You Own An AR15 Rifle?

• YES

Votes: 1,851 58.7%
  • NO

Votes: 927 29.4%
  • I am planning to get one

Votes: 373 11.8%

• Total voters
lol, funny how people who have them usually have more then one...

I have 3, on SBR, one pending SBR and one setup for Practical Rifle events.

Cut my teeth on an M-14 then Uncle Sam took it away and issued me an M-16...never really liked it, so that probably why I voted no.

I have a M4 style 223 and a 20" 6.8, both are good hunting rifles.

Between myself, dad, and brother we have 10 AR's

Need to update----sold both Stoners when everyone freaked and the prices shot through the roof earlier this year----doubled my money lol!!!!!!

I own 2 of them, both Stag Arms

Model 2 (M4 style) - house protection, got this one when i gave into the fear like many others when i thought they would be banned. always wanted one so i got it last year when i actually found one that wasn't marked up in price

Model 6 (Super Varminter) - my rifle for hunting those viscious prairie dogs :D shoots 75gr hornady BTHP into about .5 @ 100 yards

I would bet he's implying the rate of fire and ammo use and associated ammo costs. A person can burn through a lot of ammo with a semi-auto and the 30-round mags. And at $0.45 to $0.50 a pop for the 5.56mm, one magazine = $15.00

Im planning on purchasing an R-25, in .308 win in the near future. I recently posted a thread in the bear hunt forum, and recived some good info on AR style rifles from ''jasonprox''. thats one of the many reasons i like this site so much,you can get honest advise from like minded people. The advise differes greatly from person to person, but its honest and non judgemental. After toying with the AR idea for a couple years,i finally got some real advise and facts, not just here-say,and blind opinions. thanks LRH. My mind is made up. Ill be adding an AR to my collection soon!

I must have answered NO somewhere along the way, and not posted.
Well, I still don't have an AR, but I just bought (couple weeks ago) a Robinson Arms XCR. Right now it has the 7.62 x 39, but am getting a 223 bbl assembly very soon :)
It has a Falcon Menace 1.5 x 5 scope mounted. Way cool scope. Ordered another for my #1 in 375 Ruger!!

I LUV this rifle. Still breaking it in, so as soon as that is done, I will post some pics.
Oh yeah, ARs' are RESTRICTED WEAPONS in Kanuckistan - meaning you can only shoot them at approved ranges :(
The XCR is NOT restricted. I can even hunt big game with it!

Later.....