Do You Hunt Turkeys?

Do You Hunt Turkeys?

• YES

Votes: 420 58.1%
  • NO

Votes: 303 41.9%

• Total voters
Small world...sure is. I've met a couple here on LRH that lives within a few moments of where I live. Keep pecking away at that list if critters you want to get. Take care.

I started hunting them in 1972, Spring hunting in 1978, been totaly ate up with them for years.
was out 3 times this spring, here is the results
first time out
10gobbler150.jpg

a 2 yo that came in like he was on a string, 7.5" beard/3/4" spurs/18.5 pounds
located this one on NF land my second time out but he busted me, went back the next saturday, he was down by 6:20 AM
taggedout002.jpg

a solid older bird I'm thinkin 5 yo, 19.5#/1.375" spurs/9.5" beard, love those long hooks
taggedout001.jpg

Due to alot of snow that layed on the ground for along time, long beards weren't real common, I know one bunch of gobblers that sat in a tree for 23 days after the blizzard of '10. These were the 150th and 151rst turkeys I've taken in my hunting carreer.
RR

Halfdoc, I know turkeys are on your list of lifetime hunts, so when you get ya some hopefully you'll shoot us one of your good stories and great pics.

Well YEAH.............. Who doesnt??!? Like every other post Ive put here on L/R/H, if it goes boom and/or I can hunt it, Im all in. Heres one with my little huntin bud
15-1.jpg

Thanks guys. No I dont have it blown up yet. But I have it in my huntin picture album.
Junior likes to look at the pictures and here the stories that go with them. Sometimes we'll get his nerf guns and put the sneek on the bear skin, or deer and elk horns in the house. The boy may be a natural at L/R. His best shot so far was from the garage, thru the utility hall accross the bar between the kitchen and living room to the dining room where he smacked the bear head on the nose:D. We used to shoot the paintings on the walls too, but mamma caught us and told us we couldnt do that anymore. She's no fun.
Riley (my son) wants to build a live trap to take camping. So I think thats what were doing today. Bailey (my daughter) is still convinced that if she can just sprinkle some salt on a birds tail she'll be able to catch it. (she needed to be occupied so I made up a small fib, and handed her a salt shaker) Its hilarious to watch a almost 3 yr old chasing every bird in sight with her salt shaker and never getting tired of it. Maybe Ill give it a try with Turkeys.............hehehehe

winmag, my Wife did the same thing with my Son about 32 years ago that you did with your Daughter Bailey. And my Wife still tells folks the story about how he'd run after birds in the yard. Of coarse my Son always askes his Mom why'd you make up that lie and she laughs and responds to keep you occupied.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.