DO Tapered bases change Point blank range and trajectory ?

robbor

Visual line of sight in relation to trajectory??? I have never seen any ballastics programs where you can input what taper you have on your scope base or trajectory based on a 100 yard zero with a tapered base. Any body got more info? To me .sorrry finish later

I don't know of any programs that have an input for the taper of your mounts either. From personal experience on my .30-06, they don't change. If you have enough down adjustment for your scope to be zeroed at 100 yards with the added MOA of the mount, all the taper does is allow you to adjust your point of impact to longer ranges. I am still using the same ballistics card out to 700 that I used before I changed to the tapered base and had to add out to 1000 yards for the new base, because the scope can now adjust to that range.

Sorry if the post doesn't make much sense. Just trying to help a little bit.

The base would not have any effect on the trajectory of the bullet, it will still follow the same path as it would with a 0 cant base and would require the same amount of adjustment. The only thing that would change would be the available elevation adjustment in the scope. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

-John

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.