Do any of you use silencers on your long range rigs?

lovdasnow

I was wondering of any of you use them? I have 2 of them, one for .223 and another for .22 LR. In my opinion they make shooting more "fun" if that is possible.

Just curious...and if so which brand, and how have the results been? thanks...jon

I have toyed with the idea from time to time. They reduce recoil almost as well as a good muzzle brake, and (obviously) are much quieter. Just yesterday I was shooting a friends SR-25 MK11 Mod 0 with supressor in place. Shooting 175gr Federal Gold medal ammo was almost as quiet as stardard velocity 22lr ammo. I was supprised to see a 60fps improvement with the supressor on. Precision was about the same, 1/2-3/4moa or so out to 300... the furthest we shot it with the can.
The big downer is that most, if not all states have laws restricting the use of supressors for hunting. Not exactly logical... but then again, not a lot of laws are.

Yes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif but there not for four legged mammals /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

OOOOO00000YEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHH
M42.jpg

that doesn't look like a long range rig?? very nice none the less... I have a AAC m4-2000 on my AR, I also have an AAC pilot that the paperwork just got approved, and waiting for the mailman...wish I new how to post pics. guess I'll have to learn.
...they do definatly keep muzzle rise way down, and love the noise reduction......dang that sonic boom though!!
thanks for the posts.....anyone else??

lovdasnow
i had a refex silencer on a 22.250 fantastic, they reduce the noise level to app 22lr high velocity ,,i have just got authority for a 30 cal rifle and silencer, a silencer for 7mm and 243,will let you know how good it is on a 300win when we finally get some stainless sakos in the uk!!!!!!
PETE HOW GOOD IS THAT BRUGGER AND THOMMET? PRICE?
REGARDS SCIRROCO

That B&T is excellent, its very well made works superbly.
I just fitted a reflex T8 to a 6.5x55, and i must say, ive seen better materials and construction on 1980's skoda exhausts. Ive the price list at home, i'll get back to you on it, but its double the reflex, but then, it will last 10 times as long.
have a look at my web site, ive a couple of alternatives to the skoda exhaust,
Pete

thats a great pic! how much does the can cut down on recoil? also would be very interested to here review on the suppressed 7mm....i'll be waiting for a review..thanks, jon

The can cuts the recoil to the level of, what a .222rem. and thast from a 30-06 shooting 180grHornady Light Magnum factory fodder at around 2900 fps.
report is reduced to that of a .22rim fire magnum.

recomended retail for the can is 806,40 Euro. $950 ish, or 550 british pounds.
i can supply em for 700 euro, fitted. or 650 euro not fitted
regards Pete

[ QUOTE ]
thats a great pic! how much does the can cut down on recoil? also would be very interested to here review on the suppressed 7mm....i'll be waiting for a review..thanks, jon

[/ QUOTE ]
HI LOVDASNOW
WILL SEND YOU REPORT ON SILENCER IM HAVING 1 FITTED FIRST WEEK IN JANUARY ON 7MM,TRIED TO SEND YOU PM EMAIL ME AT [email protected]
AND I WILL SEND YOU SOME PHOTOS REGARDS SCIRROCO

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.