DMR2/NXS my initial thoughts

shawnb

i posted my thoughts when telling about the 30% off bushnell on another site. No responses....kinda seems like you gotta talk nightforce or sig optics nicely there haha.

Just got my new bushnell dmr2 non illuminated in at $600 off (Canadian) sticker price with rebate. I received it and a new nightforce nxs 5.5-22.

Both great scopes but i gotta say im much more impressed by the dmr2. I like the g3 ret better. It thins out 4 mil wide and is pretty nice.

the nightforce is "mushy" compared to bushy. The clicks are way more audible and positive.

the image was more clear to me in day/dusk on the bushnell. The nightforce seems a little more forgiving with eyebox, but only slightly.

The only real thing i like more on the NF was the weight was noticeably lighter.

For the extra cost i cant really see how i will ever buy another nightforce. Time will tell about reliability, but i may be 'trading down' to a bushnell and ditching the nightforce.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.