Dmr/sdmr build and testing report.

No luck on the coyotes this past Saturday, but I did get a chance to take the AR and the 300WM out to the 1000yd range on sunday to see what I could get them to do, I wasn't able to go downrange due to a black powder silhouette match that was going on but one of the guys in the match was kind enough to spot for me, mirage was bad so I had to turn both scopes down to about 7x. with both rifles I had no problem ringing the 20 and 10" steel plates. With the AR shooting the black hills MK-262 it took 13.7mils to make the trip to 1000 and the 300wm shooting 215gr Berger hand loads it only took 6.4mils of elevation, once the range went cold, the guy spotting for me said he was going to run down to 1000 and put up something smaller for me to shoot at with the 300wm. When he came back he told me he had found an old beer bottle at the edge of the creek that runs along side the range and sat it on top of the target stand. I waited for a while for the clouds to cooperate to where I could turn the scope back up past 7x and not get too washed out from the mirage, and finally with the scope at around 17x I let the first shot fly which impacted just barely left of the beer bottle, and with a quick follow up shot it vanished before my eyes and the guy spotting for me just chuckled and said "yeah, its gone". Starting to think 1760-2000 might not be a good enough challenge for it.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.