djones reloaded

djones

i knew i'd be deer hunting later on when the weather turned cold, so i took advantage of the full moon and loaded up for all out pork insanity.

spotted these grazing in peanuts. had to sneak through the corner, but the dunes had several deep holes and the brush was so thick, i fell trying to bust my way through. i got so many stickers in my *** i thought i was going to have to finish the stalk in my underwear.

burrb_zpsa53f6bec.jpg

this guy thought he was safe in tall cotton, but he stuck out more than he realized. he ran about 75 yards even with his heart shot out. trailing was easy in the red cotton.

cottonb_zps9a6d40fc.jpg

big boy wasn't far away. he should have got out when he had the chance.

splatb_zps2d7f4a81.jpg

a buddy wanted to field test his new suppressor. i told him hog hunting had been slow, but there WOULD be blood!

blood2b_zps74498f49.jpg

we did a fair job on these guys. one just wouldn't die, so i put a suppressed 22 pistol in his ear to finish him off quietly. i thought it went through because a bunch of dirt and gravel flew back in my face. when i tried to wipe if off i was horrified to see that is was blood, brains and bone! it got all over my face, eyes, mouth and hair. no telling what disease i'll contract now. if i could do it over i'd take a flame thrower to that sonofabitch!!!

blood3b_zps9aa77562.jpg

ok - i'll respond for you guys...

dang dj! i'm surprised there are any big hogs left where you hunt. you've killed so many pigs i bet catching one of your bullets is considered death by natural causes!

Man very cool makes me wish we had a pig problem here in MI. Instead I get only a couple of weeks to hunt deer a year. Or travel. Very nice shooting keep posting I cant get enough of pig shankin pictures. Actually upgraded my satellite just to get pigman the series.

David, Is smurf shooting a 223 or bigger??

Wow, we don't have any grassburs around here!! Are you sure you know what you are talking about????

Nice hogs by the way!

Sorry about the blood, bones and brains, but at least you didn't have to stick your arm down his throat!!

i like to watch the pig hunting shows too. don't much care for it when they hunt deer on a pig show though. heck there are a ton of shows where i can see deer get shot. i really like the footage of the bullet or arrow impacting... then a replay in slow motion!

smurf is shooting the same gun as i am, 308. we just have a few different mods on them. he's a benchrest shooter and has even won a few matches. he's good but he ain't got nuthin on me when the targets are moving!!!

i tend to take all types of hunting for granted, until i hear about other states with limitations and restrictions. glad texas is gun/hunting friendly! although i hear gander mountain here in lubbock just took out all their animal mounts so as not to offend anyone (how many anti hunters really shop there). sounds like a crazy move for a hunting store - especially in texas and even more so when cabelas is about to come in. but what do i know. perhaps they plan on making up for the lost business on ski apparel :)

and coy, i wasn't in your area when my britches got loaded with burrs. i was over by new mexico. i'm having to travel farther and farther to find hogs. i think someone must have wiped them out in my old hunting places :D

but i'm old and forgetful. sometimes i wake up in strange places without my pants on and don't remember how i got there. perhaps the stickers were just a bad dream or possibly just an excuse to take off my pants, i really don't remember.

Hell I'm only 30 and I wake up without pants all the time. Ah f it who needs pants anyway. Gander mountain did the same here. When Cabelas moved in the closed for months and opened a gun store. It is awsome place to fondel everything you want to buy. When I went looking for ar optics they mounted everything on different guns to compare and contrast.

Ive been waiting for them to get here in Michigan to but with no luck. Don't think it will ever be a problem everyone owns smaller chunks of property and the farmers are real good about letting people hunt if they are getting crop damage.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.