Dixie Precision and the DPR Brake?

bronco

IMG_2614_181230418_sq_thumb_m.jpg

Dixie Precision Rifles - Accessories1

"Our favorite brake is actually the air-expansion chamber in the top right photo. This removable air-expansion chamber provides approximately 30% recoil reduction. Although this is less reduction in recoil, the great benefit is that there is no increase in decibel level due to the lack of side ports. These brakes are removable and come with a brake removal tool and thread cap to protect the threads when the brake is not in use"

Muzzle Brake $250

[FONT=georgia,palatino]"We can manufacture any style muzzle brake you desire or choose the removable Dixie Precision Muzzle Brake. This fee includes the brake,
threading the muzzle for the brake, 11-degree target crown, a brake removal tool and a knurled thread-protector to be applied when the brake is not in use."
[/FONT]
Is this possible or a gimmick? Does anyone have any experience with these brakes or this companies work?

I plan on giving them a visit here soon to drop an action off for some work, as they are local for me. I'll see if they have any to play with.

I've got one of their brakes and shot several other guns with them on there. It worked fine with my gun. Others were banging steel so the accuracy was hard to pin down. I always worry about turbulence in that chamber but I have no idea if that is a legit concern or not. I also have one of their cans on my 280ai. That thing works great. The head gunsmith is soft spoken and one hell of a shooter. He has a pretty good list of achievements. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.