Discovery optics ED-PRS GEN2 5-25x56 ffp

dodgefreak8

Hey everyone. I was offered an opportunity to review an optic by a company a few weeks ago that I'd never heard of and I've finally been able to get it to the range. This is the discovery optics ED-PRS GEN2 5-25x56 only available in mils. Full disclosure this is a Chinese optics company. This optic is advertised as Japanese ED glass with a ffp reticle and zero stop I'll upload the spec card in the photos so you can see how it specs out. It is VERY heavy and it's a large optic. I was fortunate enough to receive the Arken EPL4 6-24x50mm 2 days previous to this optic so I took them both to the range and was able to compare them side by side. I also had my vortex viper pst gen 2 and an viper hs-t 6-24. This discovery optic has better glass than my epl4 in the conditions I had that day. I could cut mirage considerably better with it and had less chromatic aberration. It compared very well to my vortex viper pst GEN-II. I could actually get a little more clear picture on fine details at 600+ yards. If you'd like to see the full 2 part review I posted it to my tiktok page. Here's part one. (Part 2 is directly after)

I normally shy away from optics like these at this price point but given this unique (for me) opportunity in honestly quite surprised at what they've done here.
1000007193.jpg
1000007184.jpg
1000007190.jpg
1000007276.jpg
1000007247.jpg
Also full disclosure discovery sent me a link that gives me 15% commission if used and a 10% discount code. I'm unaware of an optic in this price point that compares to the discovery with ffp reticle and zero stop and that's the only reason I'm putting the link out there. Don't feel obligated to use it but you're more than welcome to use my discount code- Justin525

Last edited: