Dillema, Zeiss Conquest or Nikon Tactical

I'm not too tough to find /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif!! Either one is a very good scope. If you just have to have one of those two, I'd go w/the Zeiss b/c Lord knows when you'll be able to get a Nikon tactical. We've had 2 on order for about a year and a half now and have yet to see one. We don't carry the Zeiss but I think there are some guys on here that do. Might try the Optic Zone. Jon used be a regular around here and people seem to have good things to say about him and his business.

[ QUOTE ]
J. What about the FFP 2.5-10*42IOR? - Yes OK I know - I'm sort of in love with mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, its still only 10x and I really would like more, say 12-14, 14 is my ideal power for this rifle. I like the IOR but the Zeiss is such good value for all thats been said.

Oh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I got my conquest from Cameralandny.com
They shipped it right away, I saved several hundred dollars on a "floor model", which if it was on "the floor" I couldnt tell, and I am shooting a 1 hole 5 shot group at 200 yards with it.
I put up a life sized wood chuck target at 400 and dead centered it 7 out of 10 times in an 5 to 8 mile an hour wind.
hit it 1 out of 2 at 600 (then it got too hot and hazy to see anymore here in Houston Texas), and I'm confident out to 600 with it now - the rapid Z varmint reticle hits exactly where it is supposed to (a little high at 200 - which is "zero", but that gave me 300,400,and 600 exactly where it should be).

I cant be happier with my conquest or Cameralandny.com's price/delivery.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.