DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NEW SENDERO AND THE OLD MODEL ?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Down Under Hunter, May 12, 2007.

1. Down Under Hunter

Down Under Hunter Well-Known Member

HELLO, CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE CURRENT SENDERO AND THE OLDER MODEL ?

2. Supermag

Supermag Well-Known Member

The stock is different on the new Sendero compared to the older one. The new one has a big palm swell that many people don't like (I have a VSSF II, the varmint version, and I think it helps with trigger control).

ALSO, please don't post in all caps anymore. It is considered yelling and is quite rude. Just a heads up.

3. Kalashnikov

Kalashnikov Well-Known Member

In addition to the palm swell, the new forend is a wider, flatter, bench type setup than the older rounded forend.

The new stock is much bulkier.

4. cinch

cinch Well-Known Member

The finnish on the stainless is also shinier and the flutes are painted black. Most of the newer ones have the new trigger.

5. Down Under Hunter

Down Under Hunter Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    The stock is different on the new Sendero compared to the older one. The new one has a big palm swell that many people don't like (I have a VSSF II, the varmint version, and I think it helps with trigger control).

Sorry about the capitals thing. Just new at this.

Thanks so much for your feedback. I have seen a number of new ( older model senderos going for around $650-700 which looks real cheap for a big gun 300 rum ?

Are they as good technicaly as the new model? I personally hate the new sendero stock anyway.

Thanks again all !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

ALSO, please don't post in all caps anymore. It is considered yelling and is quite rude. Just a heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

6. Steve7mm08

Steve7mm08 Well-Known Member

I recently purchased a second hand sendero (the first type), am very impressed with it, I wouldnt want the stock to be any bulkier

7. CatShooter

CatShooter Well-Known Member

I love the new Sendero-II stock.

Different strokes...

8. 7mmSendaro

7mmSendaro Well-Known Member

I also have a SenderoII and like the stock. Can't say that I've ever handled an old one to compare to, however.

9. mr.big

mr.big Well-Known Member

I had a VSSF in 308 and have the VSSF-II in 204,and the only difference functionaly is the stock,, and I LOVE the new version,it seems stiffer and with the 2 ounce Jewel the sweel fits my hands better and I get better control.

everything else is just looks,,unless you get the new trigger,mine has the old trigger and NO J-LOCK..

10. roninflag

roninflag Well-Known Member

the green webbing on the new stock along with the black flutes and the markX protrigger are some of the differences. i have several of each and i like both. i usually use all small letters because i can't type . but i like the caps because i can read them easier.