Diesel Fuel in Venezuela .06 per gallon

Hey adam32, go get a job and work for 40 years and then tell me how to live! A Prius, give me a break. I work for a living. I build rifles and bullets for fun.

One thing I don't do is worry how much the other guy makes, it is my paycheck that matters. If I don't like my paycheck the I find a better job and never cry that somebody has more than me.
This is America, if YOU don't make what you think you deserve then YOU are not worth it, sorry! Get a better education or find a more lucrative job. If having fun is more important than money, don't bitch, enjoy your work and accept the fact that you will never be a Bill Gates or Warren Buffet.

edge.

Oh, I do drive 100 miles a day and make parts for race cars.

adam32

You aren't really looking for answers, you are looking for someone or something to blame for high fuel prices........the questions you asked were answered with the facts.......obviously you don't want to accept those facts.......you choose not to believe the facts because they don't point to a "demon" that you can blame for your problems.....

The sad thing is, there are a whole lot more people that agree with my thinking then yours.

And the answers not "Get a better job and quit whining", sorry.

The answer is actually pretty simple: Build more refineries, drill Alaska and the coasts, and quit doing the stupid corn ethanol crap.

You guys crack me up!

America does NOT get most of its Oil from OPEC! WE get our oil from THE Americas', mainly Canada, but also Mexico and S. America.

The Library is a friendly place, and WE own it, not OPEC! Go there and read you will learn something.

Personally I want to drill everywhere there is Oil. IF WE own it, then cap the wells for a rainy day! Use every drop of oil that OPEC has, then we can walk away from the Middle East.

When the World runs out of oil I want the US to have the last drop!

edge.

Holy Batman, you two guys are sharper than a ballbearing,
Who sets the price point that all of our oil suppliers follow?
you guys aren't cracking up,
but you may be smoking something similar.
Guess your local library may have more than books on the wall.
Have a good one.

Holy Batman, you two guys are sharper than a ballbearing,
Who sets the price point that all of our oil suppliers follow?
you guys aren't cracking up,
but you may be smoking something similar.
Guess your local library may have more than books on the wall.
Have a good one.

You would know how crude prices are set if you had sense enough to do a little research!!

You ever watch the news and hear them say "oil finished up at X dollars today"......what do you think......all the oil comapnies get together and decide to raise or lower the price each day??? DUH!

Do some reaserch, your ignorance is showing!!!

The sad thing is, there are a whole lot more people that agree with my thinking then yours.

There are/were a whole lot of people who agree with Obama, Hillary, Sarah Brady, Hitler and Osama Bin Laden too.......doesn't make them right.....

The answer is actually pretty simple: Build more refineries, drill Alaska and the coasts, and quit doing the stupid corn ethanol crap.

NOW we are getting somewhere! I don't think it's as simple as you make it sound, but we can agree that all those things would help. Oil companies WANT to build new refineries, but environmental regulations and tree huggers make the cost so high that a new refinery wouldn't pay for itself! Oil companies, like every other business, exist to make a profit......PERIOD! They won't build a new refinery if it won't make money.......Oil companies WANT to drill in Alaska and off the coasts......they aren't the hold-up, once again, it's the government and the tree huggers!

Ethanol is a joke.....alcohol contains fewer BTUs per gallon that gasoline.....so you have to burn more of it to produce the same power......many vehicles will see 25% or more reduction in fuel mileage running E85......and the price of corn goes up while we pay more for the less efficient fuel.......not to mention that many experts agree that it currently takes more energy to make ethanol than it saves.......ethanol is only a good deal when we use something other than food to make it!

It would also help if soccer moms wouldn't drive their kids to school in gas 12mpg SUVs everyday when a school bus is provided by our tax dollars. It would also help if people would combine necessary trips and eliminate unnecessary ones. It would help ( and this is coming) if people bought the most efficient vehicle that would still do the job they need done......obviously, it would be foolish to try to pull a stock trailer with a 4 cylinder toyota pickup......but it's even more foolish to use a 1 ton 4X4 diesel pickup to haul the kids back and forth to school.....and I see that all the time where I live!

As long as the majority of Americans are willing to pay the price and refuse to change their habits (conserve), demand will increase and the price of fuel will rise......when it hurts enough that we really conserve.....demand will drop and prices will decline.......

Edge and Buzzgun
My hat is off to you two!!
No name calling, true simple facts, Great patience!!!

I'd like to repost Edge's statement
"Personally I want to drill everywhere there is Oil. IF WE own it, then cap the wells for a rainy day! Use every drop of oil that OPEC has, then we can walk away from the Middle East.

When the World runs out of oil I want the US to have the last drop!"

I'm with you on this 110%, NOT only for strick9 and Adam32 benefit but for the next couple generations!!!

CAM

Buzz,
Man do you not recognize a rhetorical question or what?

Here is one for you I am just giving you the heads up.

Now who (as in countries) owns the majority of said oil companies again?

Think deeply I allready know..

Who internally controls these companies?

To end your dissallusion about what this post was started out as ...This is truly what I concern myself at the days end.

http://www.axpdf.com/wake/index.htm .

Seriously buzz you may be right about oil 100 percent,
You still however are missing the big picture but thats what those guys in the video are hear for , so you can miss the big picture. So do not worry you will be just fine.

Last edited:
Strick9.....you seem to make the assumption that, because I refuse to go along with your little conspiracy theory that I am somehow less patriotic or less concerned with the way this country is headed than you are.......how an intelligent person can draw such a conclusion is beyond my understanding......oh, wait......I've answered my own question.....

Stop assuming that people who aren't as gullible as you are less patriotic than you claim to be.....there is no correlation between the two.......

Much of your post above, again, makes no sense at all......

You wrote:

"Now who (as in countries) owns the majority of said oil companies again?

Think deeply I allready know..

Who internally controls these companies?"

Why don't you fill us in on exactly where you are going here, because your "logic" has run off the road straight into the ditch.......

Another example of nonsense you post and expect us to decipher........

"To end your dissallusion about what this post was started out as ...This is truly what I concern myself at the days end. "

I'm don't now and have never had any "dissallusion " about your fist post.......what exactly is "dissallusion" anyway??? Why don't you go back and read your first post and explain how it has ANYTHING to do with the other things you are trying to tie it too.......on second thought, never mind......that's asking too much of someone as confused as you seem to be......

Last edited:
It would help ( and this is coming) if people bought the most efficient vehicle that would still do the job they need done......obviously, it would be foolish to try to pull a stock trailer with a 4 cylinder toyota pickup......but it's even more foolish to use a 1 ton 4X4 diesel pickup to haul the kids back and forth to school.....and I see that all the time where I live!

As long as the majority of Americans are willing to pay the price and refuse to change their habits (conserve), demand will increase and the price of fuel will rise......when it hurts enough that we really conserve.....demand will drop and prices will decline.......

I agree 100%. My commute is 35 miles one way, and a few years ago I did the math regarding driving my diesel Suburban @ 20 mpg vs something else. I settled on a VW Jetta Wagon, 5-speed diesel. I average right around 50 mpg depending on the time of the year, and I have gotten over 60 mpg for the two tanks that I drove for economy. (Take off easily on the throttle, don't pass anybody on the 2-lane roads, and don't go over 65 mph).

What I'm saving in fuel costs is paying for the car vs. driving the Suburban.

Now, if I were to drive the same miles in city traffic, a Prius would be a better choice. But, a Prius can't tow what I can either. I drove from South Bend, IN to Tennesee to go wild boar hunting, towing a 4' x 8' trailer, with 2' tall sides. Not much gear for 2 people, but more coolers than would fit in the car. I averaged 68 mph, and pulled down 43 mpg for the whole trip.:D America needs to start thinking about sizing their vehicles for the majority of their driving habits.

Now when 3 of us go out West this year for deer/antelope, we'll either take the Suburban or my buddies Tahoe, towing a trailer as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.