Dies for 260 Remington Ackley Improved

dwm

Who makes dies for the 260 Remington Ackley Improved?

I can't find a 260 Remington Ackley Improved Redding Type S Bushing die listed anywhere ...

You will probably not find those in stock ANYWHERE, BUT they can be ordered from redding, the catridge is listed in their Die Reference Chart as a "custom order" click on link below for pricing and give them a call.
Dave
customadedies2.html

I use a Redding die for full-length sizing and a regular .260 die to neck down 7mm/08 brass to setup for neck turning new brass. I have a Lee collet die for neck sizing and a Redding benchrest seater die. I also have a full set of RCBS 6.5/.308 40 degree dies I had them make back in 1982. I don't use them much though.

Bob

PS - The Redding custom shop guy told me that the sliding insert used in their benchrest seating die is not hardened. He suggested I could open it to the AI easily. So I ran my 6.5/.308 AI chamber reamer in until the headspace guage was showing .135". The shell holder is .125" so that gives .010" of shoulder contact. It works great!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.