dies and other equipment for 338 ultra reloads

motrapper

I have a Dillion 550 and want to reload for the 338 looking for suggestions for dies powder primers bullets etc, some of my initial thoughts are the 225 or 260 NAB but the rest i dont know in the past i came up with some nice loads for my 300 win mag and the dillion worked well but any ideas will be appreciated
thanks

Hey motrapper

I am waiting on a rebarrel to 338RUM now and have some of the dies and waiting on one other. I went with the MidwayUSA - Redding Competition Bushing Neck Sizer Die 338 Remington Ultra Magnum , a MidwayUSA - Redding Body Die 338 Remington Ultra Magnum and a MidwayUSA - Redding Competition Seater Die 338 Remington Ultra Magnum . Still waiting on the neck sizer but did get the seater so I could seat some dummies for the gunsmith to set throat length.

Normally I neck size with a Lee Collet but I am going to try the Redding Bushing Die one more time to see if I can keep runout down.

Also sent off for a box of MidwayUSA - Barnes Tipped Triple Shock X-Bullets 338 Caliber (338 Diameter) 225 Grain Spitzer Boat Tail Box of 50 . I always liked the Triple Shocks and these are boat tailed unlike the untipped version. Planning on trying RL22 and RL25 with Fed215 primers.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.