Die setup question

winmagman

UPS just delivered a box of toys from Cabelas and amongst the goodies is a Forster Ultra Micrometer seating die. Unfortunately the were no setup instructions included in the plastic case. Not a huge deal as I have a Forster set for my 6.5-284 which did come with setup instuctions, but the seater is not the Ultra Micrometer type.

So what I'm wondering is if there are any differences in setup I should be aware of? Don't want to screw the die up before I even load any ammo with it.

Thanks in advance
Chris

I have two Forster Ultra seaters and I simply put the shellholder in place, run it to the top of the stroke, then thread the die down onto the shellholder with the micrometer all the way to the top (shallowest seating depth setting). Then I mess around with the mic for the depth I want.

Thanks GG

I thought the Ultra looked just like the regular seater except for the micrometer on top and figured setup would be the same, just wanted a little reassurance.

Chris

Thanks GG

I thought the Ultra looked just like the regular seater except for the micrometer on top and figured setup would be the same, just wanted a little reassurance.

Chris

Your welcome!
The floating sleeve on the Ultra seater self centers as you thread it down onto the shellholder and makes very concentric ammo.

I thought the Ultra looked just like the regular seater except for the micrometer on top and figured setup would be the same....

The Forster seaters are the same die except for the micrometer head. The parts are available from Forster to convert your 6.5-284 seater.

The Forster seaters are the same die except for the micrometer head. The parts are available from Forster to convert your 6.5-284 seater.

Thanks Winchester, That's good info to have. I may just order those parts in the near future.

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.