Die question..

Santiam338

It seems I need a new decapping rod assembly for my Redding 7x300wm dies..

Lets just say it was a combination of operator error and a brainfart and leave it at that..:rolleyes:

Of course, nobody offers a 7x300 rod assembly,but I am looking at one of these options..

7mm RM assembly for my sizer die,but it may be to short,

or,

300 WM assembly and buy a 7mm sizer button..

Is there a reason I am not seeing why one of those options won't work?

Thanks

Check with Midway. I seen a bunch of Redding decapping assemblies while looking for other items a couple days ago.

Gene

If I have to I was going to call Redding after the weekend..I have also searched through Midway and most other sights that carries such things..

I was going to order a 300wm assembly and a 7mm sizer button from Sinclair..

The price is reasonable..

Before I ordered I thought I would check to see if anybody thinks my thinking is wrong..Just seems to me it will be the same thing..

Thanks for the replies.

Lets just say it was a combination of operator error and a brainfart and leave it at that..:rolleyes:

Of course, nobody offers a 7x300 rod assembly,but I am looking at one of these options..

or,

Thanks

the decapping rods are adjustable for length. You should be able to find one here that will work. These guys have the carbide expander ball button too

http://www.sinclairintl.com/reloadi...-upgrades/decap-rod-assemblies-prod43833.aspx

or,

Thanks

Welcome to the club! I did it with a brand new set of Forster dies about twenty years ago. Called Fred Sinclair to see if he had a new die in stock, and he laughed. Sent me all the parts to fix it. I'm pretty sure Sinclair also stocks all the parts to fix a Redding die as well.
gary

Welcome to the club! I did it with a brand new set of Forster dies about twenty years ago. Called Fred Sinclair to see if he had a new die in stock, and he laughed. Sent me all the parts to fix it. I'm pretty sure Sinclair also stocks all the parts to fix a Redding die as well.
gary

the ones that are giving me a fit are the small flash holes in the 6mm br and Grendel brass. I have bent one decapping rod and a couple of the decapping pins. Have both the redding and Sinclair decapping dies with extra decapping rods now. you just have to be very careful but with tight primer pockets it is hard to tell sometimes.

Thanks guys..:)

It seems everybody was out of stock,but I managed to find one in stock at one place..

Sposed to fit 280, 7x57, 7 STW and 28 Nosler..

With that range it should adjust for my 7x300 wm..

Gratuitous rifle pic, Win classic 7x300 win mag..:D:D:cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.