Did it! New MT Landowner

Hi Brandon, I just joined this site and am a long time resident of western Montana-Potomac Montana a little east of Missoula. I moved here from a town just west of Missoula- Frenchtown, don"t be afraid to ask for advice on hunting in your area, it"s not great but it"s nice !!!!! Ron..........

Hi Brandon, I just joined this site and am a long time resident of western Montana-Potomac Montana a little east of Missoula. I moved here from a town just west of Missoula- Frenchtown, don"t be afraid to ask for advice on hunting in your area, it"s not great but it"s nice !!!!! Ron..........

Hi Ron,

Welcome to the site. I appreciate the advice - I will definitely not be afraid to ask for help. I don't know crap about hunting out there and readily admit it.

Where at?Alberton,Superior,St.Regis?I know this country like the back of my hand but am moving up North so I can get you lined out on some good starting points.I will warn ya,the mule deer and elk hunting is nowhere even close to decent.The areas I hunt are pretty rugged and can be down right brutal for a solo hunter bringing game out but I won't be here for much longer so might as well help a newbie out.Biggest downfall is Missoula hunters but they pretty much don't leave their rigs or wander more than a mile off the main roads anyways so if you wanna invest in sweat equity you will see more game than most.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.