Did I miss something!!

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by cornchuck, Jan 18, 2011.

1. cornchuck

cornchuck Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me why ALOT of places are out of bullets? I know it is the first of the year. Did we get another anti-gun person in the White House? It just seems like the beginning of 2009 all over again.

Jason

2. Long Trang

Long Trang Active Member

On account of that congresswoman in Tuscon. Everyone's afraid they're gonna restrict/remove ammo and handguns, so gun owners are buying up all they can.

3. eyeballjr

eyeballjr Well-Known Member

I have noticed the same thing. Especially High BC bullets. I noticed it before the AZ tragedy happened. I just got all of my reloading stuff set up a few months ago and started trying to restock my supplies and was having a hard time finding bullets.

4. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

I have not been shopping but what are you looking for?

5. cornchuck

I have been shooting 58 gr. VMax's out of my .243. I tried the 87 gr. and like them. The reason for the heavier pills is the higher BC for bucking the wind. I have been watching Midsouth and Midway for these bullets and they are out of stock for two more months. These stores aren't the only ones I have been watching. But it only seems that the .243 cals are the only ones everyone is out of. Yes some are out of some .223 and .308. But .243's.

Plus it is not just not bullets with the two mentioned stores. They seem to be out of common things for the shooting sports. Maybe they just need to restock from the past holiday season.

6. Coyboy

Coyboy Well-Known Member

I think some of the problem is Manf. have not kept up with a growing demand. This time of year alot of competition shooters stock-up, and when they are buying 3000 bullets at a time things can run short. F-class is growing fast in WI and other states and this drives vld bullet sales.

7. paste

paste Well-Known Member

another issue is in february residents of california can no longer order handgun ammo and components from catalogs or internet vendors so everyone in california are buying up everything that they can right now.

havent heard if the new law includes rifle ammo and components though

8. trailrider121

trailrider121 Well-Known Member

Update: AB962 law

BREAKING NEWS: California Court Rules Ammunition Ban AB962 Unconstitutional « The Shooter's Log

This morning Fresno Superior Court Judge Jeffrey Hamilton ruled that AB 962, the hotly contested statute that would have banned mail order ammunition sales and required all purchases of so called “handgun ammunition” to be registered, was unconstitutionally vague on its face. The Court enjoined enforcement of the statute, so mail order ammunition sales to California can continue unabated, and ammunition sales need not be registered under the law.

9. SBruce

SBruce Well-Known Member

Good news!! I've been wondering for years now; how long are CA residents gonna put up with these BS regulations that have been passed down upon them time and time again. I know that the hunters and shooters in CA are way out-numbered, but jesssh, sometimes people gotta stand together (no matter their differences) and get something done!

Congratulations CA hunters and Shooters.

10. cornchuck

I think this is great for California and the USA.

11. Topgun 30-06

Topgun 30-06 Well-Known Member

That will probably be short term because you can bet your bippy it will be appealed to one of the higher courts out there that will be Lib oriented and they will probably overrule a Judge with some common sense! It's no wonder that so many people wish that Californication would just slide into the Pacific!!!

12. smoked

smoked Well-Known Member

i think if everyone was packing heat, there would be less violence, maybe more gun crimes, but less overall violence, but then again it might be the worst idea ever now that i think of some of the people out there that should be locked in a looney bin but nowadays are considered NORMAL

13. hifi

hifi Member

I was thinking that the shortages was just end of year inventory?