Detachable Magazine for .300 Weatherby?

Inglewood19

Does anyone know if there is a DBM bottom metal kit available for .300 weatherby mag in a Remington 700 action. Based on the case differences of the .300 win and the .300 wby i am thinking that the .300win kit will not work with a .300 wby cartridge. I am hoping someone has experience with this. Any help is much appreciated.

H S Precision makes a detachable magazine set up, but the magazine is shorter than you would probably want. Wyatt probably makes one, but it probably won't fit flush with the bottom of the stock. This might be OK for you, but I like a flush fit on a hunting rifle. You could go with the BDL bottom metal and use a Wyatt's CF- 9 and load to a 3.990 COAL . Good luck.

Seekins has a sweet dbm and you can use the newer ai cip length 338 lapua mags which get out to 3.88" I believe, they also have their own mags that go a bit further. I have the seekins/ai system on my 7stw and it works great. Mine was put on a Stiller predator long action.

Etisil, because the 7mm stw is so close in OAL and Case specs i believe that this would work. And you have no problems what so ever with feeding?

I decided to go with a CDI bottom metal, while talking with Jeff he told me that they can cut a slot in the .300 win mags to allow for the placement of the neck on the Weatherby case. He also said that his mags allow for a 3.60 OAL which is just a smidge longer than the .300wby. For anyone who is interested i will post results. Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.