detachable mag question:

nevadajak

I have a rem700SA in a HSPrecision stock and I'd like to have a detachable box mag, the question is how much inletting might be involved and will the alum bedding block be an issue ?
In particular PT&G makes detachable bottom metal and it's on sale now at a sweet
price of 99 bucks.....
Ever since I installed the one piece picatinny scope mount and the SS 10x42 scope
loading from the top is a real bear so the box mag seems like the next step !
Any suggestions would be welcome.

Go to StockysStocks. The have several different options. The M4 and the HS brand bottom metals will fit with out inletting in your stock.

Shawn Carlock w/Defensive Edge put a HS Precision DM system in the .223AI they built me. In fact I believe it was one of the very first 223DM systems HS Precision sold. It started out life as a Rem. LTR 223 with the factory HS Precision stock and standard BDL floor plate but I'm not sure if or how much work was involved in putting that DM system in. I could be wrong but I don't believe there was much if any "fitting" involved to putting it in. I'm very happy with it and it's a very clean looking setup in my 223AI

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.