Dents in brass

ALWAYS300

Good Morning,
I shoot a 300 RUM and am reloading the remington power level brass that I've already fired. However the condition of brass is not that great. Most of the brass is dented throughout. Even the boxes of unfired brass is dented up. My question is how much or how deep do the dents have to be before the brass is unusable?

Just gonna ask the same question. New to reloading, and noticed that all my new 300 RUM Remington brass has dents all throughout. Some towards the head, some in the neck and body. Some cases have as many as 5 or 6 dents. Not sure if this is normal. I'm sure that a once fireing will reshape brass to chamber and dents will be gone. Does this effect accuracy?

I've been using RCBS spray case lube with great results.

I use to use the pad and grease lube. On say 308 Win, the third or fourth case didn't get lubed to keep the build up in the die from dimpling the shoulder. Dimples don't hurt much, I don't know if it will hurt accuracy. Works the brass a little more.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.