Defensive Edge's new website is up

I've only been able to check out the new site with one computer at work, my droid and all my home computers go to the old site. I cleared out everything but I'm always directed to the old site with the one exception at work. Kinda bumming me out!

Shawn:

I read your new 338 Edge +P page with great interest - especially the note that you received pursued and a patent. Please advise the patent number and generally the jist (sp?) of what is patented.

I noted on the LRKM page, that it is available in:

338 Edge
338 Edge +P
338 Lapua Mag
338 Terminator (Lapua Imp +P)
338 Edge MK II

What is "338 Edge MK II"?

How do these five cartridges measure up (fps, extreme spread, and accuracy) shooting 300 SMKs from your standard 30" barrel?

Finally, will you be offering formed +P brass and die sets? If so, when?

Thank you!

BTW, the new site is such a huge improvement over the old one. Great work!

Well I finally made it to the new site using Google chrome, finally I can get some satisfaction!!

Shawn, do you take just stocks for a paint job, love the way it looks like they crawled out of the rock, perfect IMO!!

ELR-

I will post the PAT # after I dig it up. It is on the LRKM post as well.
We are going to chamber the LRKM in most standard calibers, but to your question on current chamberings:

338 Edge 2800-2825fps
338 Edge +P 3020-3060 fps
338 Lapua Mag 2800-2825 fps
338 Terminator (Lapua Imp +P) unknown at this time
338 Edge MK II 3150-3175 fps

The MKII is a run of brass Bruce at Bertram built with the shoulder and base measurements the same as standard 338 Edge but the case body is .500" longer! This is not very handy in a standard rifle as a loaded round must come out the back of the action with the bolt (empty brass ejects fine). The LRKM platform is excellent for this as pulling a round out the back takes a couple of seconds at most. I will post more and have an article on our site on the MKII when more testing is complete. Standard 338 edge brass and +P brass are the same as are the die sets. Hope this answers all the Q's.

Hi Shawn:

On 4/21/13 you posted (#20 in this thread) regarding the MK II,

"The MKII is a run of brass Bruce at Bertram built with the shoulder and base measurements the same as standard 338 Edge but the case body is .500" longer! This is not very handy in a standard rifle as a loaded round must come out the back of the action with the bolt (empty brass ejects fine). The LRKM platform is excellent for this as pulling a round out the back takes a couple of seconds at most. I will post more and have an article on our site on the MKII when more testing is complete..."

Its three months later (today) and I was looking for more MK II info on your site. None found. Please advise where development of that cartridge stands.

Thanks!

BTW, I just watched your "2751 yards... with the LRKM" video (for the first time) and it is GREAT!

The testing of the MK2 has been put on hold for a while. We are so slammed with getting LRKM's out the door just haven't had time. The 338 Terminator is out in the LRKM and initial testing looks really good. Glad you liked the 2751 clip.

ELR-

I will post the PAT # after I dig it up. It is on the LRKM post as well.
We are going to chamber the LRKM in most standard calibers, but to your question on current chamberings:

338 Edge +P 3020-3060 fps
338 Edge MK II 3150-3175 fps

Will you do 338 Edge MK II +P ?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts