defensive edge canyon rifle first day out

lamiglas

a good friend of mine just picked up his new canyon rifle built by defensive edge. I just wanted to share how the day went: Him and i and another friend went to the bench and loaded 90 grains of h-1000, used 300 smk and loaded oal 3.810. he wanted to see his first group be a good one, so he fired two into a snow bank for fouler shots (probably not necessary, but we wanted the first group to be good and wanted to eliminate any chance of that making a difference). we saw from where he was aiming into the bank that he need to come down a hair, so we guessed and he adjusted. next shot was 1 inch left and 1/4 high. he moved the nightforce right 1 inch and down a quarter and fired a shot in bulls eye. put up a new target and he fired 3 rounds, all centered in the 1 inch orange sticker! his first group was .430 inch. he fired a few more rounds just for fun and continued to shoot them into that little sticker!

the three of us all have rifles that will shoot, and we all have defensive edge guns.

with just about every gun we have other than these DE rifles, we have had to spend alot of time developing loads etc, to achieve these kind of results. we were all completely satisfied that after bore sighting, it took 4 shots to find the center of the bulls eye (including two foulers) and after a total or seven shots his gun was developed and dialed in with a 3 shot group under 1/2 moa in the bullseye.

what a perfect combination of gun and scope, load, and gunsmith. i wish it was always this easy!!! no development required.

just wanted to say thanks to Bob and Shawn for a job very well done! all three of us currently are making plans for our next builds!!!

Thanks for reflecting on our day Lamiglas, I do agree that Defensive Edge guns are a world class caliber. I had so much fun just loading what Shawn recomended and then seeing the results that the fine workmanship that him and his dad produce. Not only does this gun look lights out it shoots the part too, As soon as I figure out how to post picture of this work of art , I'll get some up on here.

Thanks again Shawn and Bob for an amazing product.

Now I just need to stretch its legs some:D

I got similar results with my Canyon Rifle. What a joy to shoot!
Picture008.jpg

This is one of the big benefits of using a smith that has a lot of experience with a specific cartridge. Their experience can pretty much eliminate most of the workup that guys have to go through to find "the" load. A very nice time and money saver!

Great looking guns guys! Someday I will have a DE gun!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.