Defensive Edge 03-07 LRH Class

Shawn Carlock

Sponsor
CLASS02-07LRH.JPG

Just got done with our # 3 class of the year. We lost a group of guys unfortunately a week from the class, hopefully they can make a different date as they have already paid. That left us with my smallest class ever 4 people. Smaller groups are more fun and I could not have asked for a better group of guys. There were APS rifles, Defensive Edge rifles, and a factory rifle, all in .338 caliber. Wind conditions on sunday in the national forest were squirley but it was a good learning experience for all. I was quite pleased at everyones performance by the end of the second day. First round hits were common and second round corrections were getting very good. Again like every class if you were shooting a 300 gr SMK @ 2800+ you were at a serious advantage over anyone who wasn't. Even high dollar optics can have issues so test them well. Long range rifles are like just about everything else you pretty much get what you pay for. In the photo above is the class with 4 first round hits, one from each @ just over 600 yards and a combine group size of under MOA in a 1-1.5 MOA twitchy wind depending on what you were shooting. Consistant class shooting over a varity of different rifles and rounds just makes me feel warm and fuzzy. I really enjoy working with long range shooters and hunters makes my job worth while.

I've got to schedule some time to get up there and take your class. That looks and sounds like a great experience.

Devin

Shawn,
Great to see younger guys getting into LR shooting. Looks like some pretty nice gear, these guys are getting into it.

All 338's kickin some serious butt! I too plan to attend one of your future classes! Great job!

Jeff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.