Defective Nightforce NXS?

We all know that Nightforce rings aren't the only rings in manufacture that are capable of retaining a rifle scope on a receiver. But other than that company sales pitch (which is to be expected), everything else in the conversation you related with customer service seems to be dead on. A sincere effort to get to the crux of the problem. Please let us know how it turns out when all is said and done...

On the ring deal. It is pretty common in mix matched senerios for the cross bar of the ring to be too narrow for the grove of the rail. I have seen this slack or slop be a problem with heavier scopes and higher recoil.

Jeff

I was at a tactical shoot last month and one of the guys shooting had just experienced some issues with his NF NXS. I really did not give it much thought, but I know he sent it back for repairs. His rifle was a 6.5 Creedmoor, no harsh recoil there. In addition, the shooter is very accomplished and mechanical. He ran his rifle though several tests before identifying it as a scope issue. I'll ask more about the issue when I see him again

I have 3 NF scopes and have not had any issues to date.

My first NF was a used 12-42BR on a long range 6BR. At the range, I found it was not tracking well. I called NF, told the lady about the problem and emphasized that I bought it used. She simply said "send it in and we will fix it". I did, and about two weeks later, the brown truck stopped in my driveway with the scope. It was properly repaired at no cost to me, and NF paid the return postage. Just can't beat that kind of service. That's why I have purchased three new NF scopes.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.