Deerhunter, New member from WI

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by deerhunter1111, Apr 23, 2011.

1. deerhunter1111

deerhunter1111 New Member

Hello all,
    I am a 53 year old hunter, shooter, and genreal lover of guns. 31 yrs in the army, and WI National Guard, back from Iraq. I found your site while trying to gather info on my new 300 WSM. I do want to start shooting at longer distance, so I am here gathering info.
    That said I need to upgrade my range finder from my archery one to something for Colorado elk, say a Licia 1200(?) or I saw good reviews on Bushnell too.
    Scope dope is next. I have several and a new Counter SNiper that is a little to big for my liking. Anybody had any experience with this brand? Is made in Mississippi, HQd in NY.
    Well lakehouse1257@frontier is my email and I welcome any and all info, I figure if your not learning something your not trying!
    good shooting!
    Tom

2. zuba

zuba Well-Known Member

Welcome to LRH! I have an older bushnell elite 1500 ARC, and my old man has the leica. I would much rather have his. I'm not sure how a newer one stacks up... I know for a fack the Richfield, Wi Cabelas has them on display :) Where in WI are you? I'm just north of Milwaukee, GO BREWERS!