Deer Warts!

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Black Diamond 408, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Black Diamond 408

Black Diamond 408 Well-Known Member

Ok this is ugly, put down your coffee and doughnuts before looking at this. It was shot in Tenn by a guy in the Air Gaurd. He said the deer was covered in Deer Warts. Fish and Game has never seen anything like this before. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[​IMG]
    [image]http://www.hunt101.com/img/353084.bmp[/image]
    [image]http://www.hunt101.com/img/353085.bmp[/image]

2. 4ked Horn

4ked Horn Writers Guild

[​IMG]

3. william101

william101 Well-Known Member

Id like to shoot the damn doe that gave them to the poor fella!!Would make a helluva wall mount./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. huntem

huntem Well-Known Member

Poor deer probably felt like "Finally someone to put me out of my misery"

5. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Tribbles infestation!

[​IMG]

6. Coyboy

Coyboy Well-Known Member

Great I've seen them before. Cut them off and slice em thin. there great in a stir fry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Well-Known Member

Thank God your buddy shot him. I saw a deer taken with a similar condition, although not quite as bad. The wildlife biologist that inspected the deer said that they were tumors and that they would not affect the quality of the venison.

He did say, however, avoid eating the tumors. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now that's disgusting!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

8. Black Diamond 408

Black Diamond 408 Well-Known Member

I was thinking along the lines of a "spicy wart sausage" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Slice the big ones thick, cajun blacken'd with a side of oysters (rocky mtn that is) w/boiled red taters and a sprig of sage for presentation.

I'll bet that'll be some good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

10. Centre Punch

Centre Punch Well-Known Member

Come on guys, men or mice? just bite them off and eat them raw! (i'm a mouse)

Ian.

"I meant to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"

11. 7Rumloader

7Rumloader Well-Known Member

That deer was surely happy to find the bullet that ended his misey.

12. Beanfieldrifle

Beanfieldrifle Member

I killed a muley doe in Williams AZ about ten years ago that had a nasty one on her back. Meat tasted good but that wart was as big as raquet ball.

13. KRob

KRob Well-Known Member

Ive got one buck around my place that got a couple of black spots maybe kinda like that, the naighbor had seen this one to and thinks there real big ticks. But that doesnt makes sense because hes been around for atleast two seasons. Never bothered with him bigger ones to fry but still. Anyone now anything real about these things besides that they go well with oysters.

14. Hired Gun

Hired Gun Well-Known Member

I don't know guys. If I walked up to discover this after the fact I think I might have just walked right on by and proclaimed a clean miss, tore up my tag and gave it up for the rest of the year. No way I could eat a deer that might even be related to that thing. If I saw that before the fact I'm sure our game wardens would have said to put it down and they would have come and taken it for incineration.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuckyyyyyyyy!