Deer Warts!

Black Diamond 408

Ok this is ugly, put down your coffee and doughnuts before looking at this. It was shot in Tenn by a guy in the Air Gaurd. He said the deer was covered in Deer Warts. Fish and Game has never seen anything like this before. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

353083.JPG

[image]http://www.hunt101.com/img/353084.bmp[/image]
[image]http://www.hunt101.com/img/353085.bmp[/image]

Id like to shoot the **** doe that gave them to the poor fella!!Would make a helluva wall mount./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Great I've seen them before. Cut them off and slice em thin. there great in a stir fry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thank God your buddy shot him. I saw a deer taken with a similar condition, although not quite as bad. The wildlife biologist that inspected the deer said that they were tumors and that they would not affect the quality of the venison.

He did say, however, avoid eating the tumors. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now that's disgusting!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Slice the big ones thick, cajun blacken'd with a side of oysters (rocky mtn that is) w/boiled red taters and a sprig of sage for presentation.

I'll bet that'll be some good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I killed a muley doe in Williams AZ about ten years ago that had a nasty one on her back. Meat tasted good but that wart was as big as raquet ball.

Ive got one buck around my place that got a couple of black spots maybe kinda like that, the naighbor had seen this one to and thinks there real big ticks. But that doesnt makes sense because hes been around for atleast two seasons. Never bothered with him bigger ones to fry but still. Anyone now anything real about these things besides that they go well with oysters.

I don't know guys. If I walked up to discover this after the fact I think I might have just walked right on by and proclaimed a clean miss, tore up my tag and gave it up for the rest of the year. No way I could eat a deer that might even be related to that thing. If I saw that before the fact I'm sure our game wardens would have said to put it down and they would have come and taken it for incineration.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuckyyyyyyyy!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.