Deer Season.

kc

It wont be long now..April 11 my pard will be back from Florida and we will be back to our hunting spot checking for our markers we replace on the trees. Second week all the Deer go hide and this is the best place, hard wood swamp. go in the wrong way you will be up to your crotch in muck.

that sounds like fun keith. nothing like a predawn misstep sending you up to your crock in muck. especially if its on the chilly side.
are you absolutly sure all the deer hide in that swamp?

Oya! I have shot so many deer in this swamp I cant remember there is no cedar swamp any place,, over the last 20 years we have made a trail with broken sticks and logs, every time I hunt ther I shoot a big buck with dark antlers in front of my spot there is an island that goes up about 20 inches and I have a downed cedar that is so old there is no dirt on it.
the deer stay in the dry spot,, me? I am in water over a foot deep but I have a dry seat.
lots of does and fawns. most of the shots have lanes under 6 inches. its rough.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.