Deer rounds that allow viewing impact

The flow and pressure start as soon as the bullet begins to accelerate up the barrel as it is compressing and shoving the air ahead of it and the brake is accually working before the bullet passes the port

The design of the rifle has allot to do with it. heavy long barrel gun with a straight back stock produce recoil straight back. They don't climb or jump. My 270 AI and the scope turned up to 24X I can see the holes appear on paper out to 200 yard. Beyond that it would require a higher power to see the .277 holes. The stock is straight back and it has a 8 1/2 pound barrel without a brake

What I get from these posts is that the recoil energy in foot pounds should equal the weight of the rifle if you want to get by without a muzzle brake. Here is a list of cartridges that would likely go under 10 pounds recoil:

.243 Win.
6mm Rem.
.243 WSSM
.257 Roberts
7.62x39 Soviet

Under 11:

6.5x55 Swede
.30-30 Win.

Perhaps the numbers I saw for he 6.5x55 and .257 Roberts are for the lower velocity factory loads. So, basically it looks like any of those listed above, plus other equivalents not listed and any common deer cartridge that can safely be loaded down to ten pounds of recoil energy.
Then there are muzzle brakes, but I couldn't find exact figures for those.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.