deer hunting success?

Charles A

Hows everybody doing? We've seen quite a bit in south Tn. but the stupid things just wont come into bow range. I did however stalk a doe on the ground and poked her at 54yds. She also ended up being the biggest doe I have personaly shot at about 145lbs. Amber also got one with a great shot at 35yds an a small buck.

So how about it? Hows everybody doing? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My season doesn't start until Oct 10, so hopefully shortly after that I will fill my doe tag. We only get one deer in Idaho unless we pony up the $$$ for a leftover out of state tag, and in the area I hunt I had to draw a doe tag.
After that - ducks beware!

[ QUOTE ]
We only get one deer in Idaho unless we pony up the $$$ for a leftover out of state tag, and in the area I hunt I had to draw a doe tag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude I couldnt handle only one deer. I'm too blood thirsty for that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. Besides the fact that Amber would kick me in the nnuttzz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif if I told her she could only shoot one deer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Good hunting brotha. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

We can buy an elk tag and try to draw a moose tag, or an antelope tag, so there are other things to satisfy the 'addiction' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Have you ever seen or used c'mere deer? Talked to some folks that use it to lure bucks into bow range. They claim it is a deer magnet. Check out their website at cmeredeer.com. If stuff works half as good as they claim, it should really help with your setups. Good luck.

Charles our season starts next saturday and I can't wait!
How many deer tags do you get in Tennesse?
We get 6 in N.C

Wapiti I've heard some good things about cmere deer as well.
I bought some to try as soon as rifle season opens and if it works I will be giving a full report on it.

7RUM,
303 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif in my unit. Only three can be bucks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif In reality I only "usually" shoot 15-20 a year, though sometimes I go a little crazy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif. Amber, and myself average about 30-35 a year with a couple extra thrown in from others.

Wapiti13,
I've heard alot of things about C'mere Deer but havent tried it. Let us know how it goes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif We dont really have a problem getting them into bow range, IF WE'RE IN the tree stand. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The stupids keep coming out too early and we're running them off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Yeah I shot this little bitty bugger the saturday before last. It wasn't a long range kill at only 80 yards so I didn't post pictures and the story.
Picture337.jpg

I can't even give you a good story to it! It is what I call a road kill. Just driving down the road back to the cabin after a hunt when two deer when running across the road down through a clear cut. I jumped out and missed him twice running and then he stopped on the edge of the tree line. I droped him there.

Sorry it couldn't be more like the story Kirby Allen wrote about his antelope hunt. But in california where the success rates are in the single digit percentages. . . ya gotta take the freebees when you can get em!

Charles,
I'm off to a good start here in Arkansas. It was not long range (even for a bow). But when a big boy gives you a broadside look at 20 yards you take it! [image][/image]

He is a mainframe 10pt with split G2s on both sides. Gross score of 146 1/8.

Now it's off to New Mexico for a little elk hunting next week!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts