decision on spotting scope please.

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by william101, Sep 13, 2008.

1. william101

william101 Well-Known Member

My two choices are Bushnell legend in 20-45 60mm or a spacemaster 15-45 60mm by bushnell as well.Thanks for any help or insight.

2. Brocksdad

Brocksdad Active Member

The best advice I can give you is call some of the site sponsors. There honest and I'm sure they will not steer you wrong.

Rob

3. Wachsmann

Wachsmann Well-Known Member

If you are looking at one of the bushnells then you need to take it outside and look through it at low light. I have the legend and I am not very pleased with it at all. I did not take it outside in low light. I probablly would of never bought the thing if iIwould have known how it would preform in low light. I would shop around before spending any bones on a scope. Also if you can wait another season and save more money to buy a higher quality then that would serve you the best. I am in the process of saving now for alot better quality spotter. I cannot say enough about my ziess binoculars. They work great in all light conditions but they cost alot also. Well worth the money. Thanks....

4. jeff 300

jeff 300 Well-Known Member

THAT'S EZ Niether!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Look at something else nikon,leupold wind river,alpen. ihave a cheap windriver that i have beat the hell out of for 6 years and it still works great. i have had the legend and got rid of it fast. for a cheaper spotter there's a lot better for the same $$$. the alpen scope look nice. you can do better i think.

Spotting Scopes

5. ScottBerish

ScottBerish Well-Known Member

A spotter is designed to magnify the target at a high level with clarity and resolution. Unfortunately, in order to do this in a reasonably compact package the quality need to go in, which means it's gonna cost. Cheap spotters are less forgiving than cheap scopes or even binos. I would save up for a better spotter.

Scott

6. william101

Thanks guys for the helpfull input,Hopefully I didnt make too bad of a decision so here it goes I heeded your advice, on the above mentioned scopes I was considering, nd went ahead and ordered a Bushnell Elite 15-45 w/60mm obj. and because it was the military version I bought it for 279.00 at Optics planet shipping included. seemed like an outstanding deal.I couldnt afford the next higher versions of the elite so hopefully I did alright. Thoughts or comments or scorns aprecciated! Thanks again.

7. ScottBerish

ScottBerish Well-Known Member

I don't know what the military version is, but you got a great price on a decent spotter. Looks like OP is blowing them out for inventory reduction. Good for you.

The only scorn is you bought from OP....more $$ for the anti-gun crowd. But that deal is difficult to pass up.

8. william101

Thanks LO. I was unaware of the anti gun support though that sucks! The diff in Military version and civilian was that the logo was removed for stealth I guess and military grade grease was added for higher temp ratings. But same scope and quality ,no case though.no biggie though.There is a 59.00 dollar increase if you buy the civillian model. Price seem to beat a few wholesalers from what Ive heard.So I feel good so far in this purchase.then again those arent the military models either.