• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Decided to keep it

Rugerdiggs

Remington 700 Sendero SF II .300 RUM
McMillian A-5A, has been bedded for this gun
Surgeon DBM
Kampfeld's custom bolt work
Bolt was fluted, skeletonized and Badger knob installed
1-AI .300 Win Mag modified for the steep shoulder of the RUM case, included
26" Factory barrel with a custom made clamp on muzzle brake from grizzly gunworks ( tames the 230gr berger at 2907fps down to 308 recoil or less)with 75 rounds down range
Shoots the 230gr bergers in .4's, that's what was shot in the grouping below.
Scope is a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22X56 with zero stop and high speed knobs and NPR1 or NPR2 reticle (cant remember which one) moa/moa setting in nightforce ultralight rings with a level on rear ring on a 20moa nightforce base
I have no time to shoot it and hate for it to set there and waste away. To my knowledge there are no flaws on the gun anywhere
Will sell just the rifle for $2000 plus the cost of shipping or will sell the whole package for $4000 plus shipping, will not sell the scope separate, if buyer of rifle don't want it, it will stay. Cant replace the scope, rings, level, and base for that. Bipods not included. For some reason the magazine was not in the gun when photo was taken but is included.
IMG_20131028_103014_461_zpscb6eca66.jpg

4 shots at 117yds off of bipods and rear bag, 230gr otm bergers at 2907fps
IMG_20131029_125638_423_zps663d9beb.jpg

Re: Custom 300RUM Long Range Hammer

I am in southeast Oklahoma, yes there in Ontario. I talked to Jeff on the phone as I had a dial caliber and measured the OD at muzzle and again 1 inch from muzzle and he then machined it for me and sent it to me. I used the level level level system from wheeler to double check scope base was level with action then put level on brake and base, once brake was level started torque process watching the level through hole process till all fasteners torqued to his specs. Below is a link to a video with the same muzzle brake on a 338lm. The only difference in the 2 was I had him leave my a polished stainless on outside and black on inside of the ports to match the sendero barrel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Custom 300RUM Long Range Hammer

Believe I am going to keep it, the stock is listed for sale

RugerDiggs,

Was admiring the Grizzly brake. I have been contemplating getting one of the bolt on's. I am curious as to where you would rate the install of the brake in terms of difficulty? I am a pretty competent individual when it comes to basic or slightly better gunsmith work. I would not turn a barrel or try and thread one, but I am comfortable in tackling the brake install. I am just curious about any additional details or advice you might have.

RugerDiggs,

Was admiring the Grizzly brake. I have been contemplating getting one of the bolt on's. I am curious as to where you would rate the install of the brake in terms of difficulty? I am a pretty competent individual when it comes to basic or slightly better gunsmith work. I would not turn a barrel or try and thread one, but I am comfortable in tackling the brake install. I am just curious about any additional details or advice you might have.

Not to hard, if you mount your scopes with a leveling system you can put it on. Just go with a good reliable sequence to torquing them and good torque wrench. Should be fine, pm me if I can help.