Decal - Long Range Shooter

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by AVY8R, Jul 17, 2010.

1. AVY8R

AVY8R New Member

I had a decal made up for my truck that I thought might be of interest. It's 4"x4" vinyl white cut-out. It has a mil-dot with "Long Range Shooter" wrapped around the top and "One Shot - One Hit - Far Away" wrapped around the bottom.

If anyone wants one, let me know. It was expensive for one, but should be around $6 if I get enough interest. Once I have a list of interested people, I'll let you know more about timing and payment.

2. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

AVE8R

That is the best idea I have seen all morning! :)

As an alternate here is one that I have available for a wee bit more. Comes in 2 sizes. Buy LRH sticker here.

Small size shown on side

[​IMG]

Close up of small one

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010

3. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

AVY8R, how about a pic of it. Sounds kinda neat but, I'd like to see the one you had made up for your truck.

4. trebark

trebark Well-Known Member

The design of your sticker sounds great. The only part I don't like is the 'one shot, one kill part'.

5. padd54

padd54 Well-Known Member

What is the problem with "one shot one kill"? Would you perfer "three shots one kill" ? ;)

6. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

I think what he is saying is it more of a sniping term not relating to long range hunting but I could be wrong

7. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Much more tactful than what I started to post and then deleted. :D

8. trebark

yeah...it's pretty much military terminology.

9. AVY8R

AVY8R New Member

I phrased it the way I did because I believe the vast majority of us shoot paper the vast majority of the time, certainly long-range. Perhaps a few of us are privileged to take down something at long distances once a year. If you're one of the few, then I'd strongly recommend Len's decal showing an elk in the cross-hairs and saying "long range hunting." It's an excellent decal for the hunters among us.

As for "one shot, one kill" I consider that a term for snipers. While I am an excellent long range marksman, I am most definitely NOT a sniper. And, were I a sniper (meaning fieldcraft and the other esoteric arts a true sniper has been trained for), I'd consider it an insult for a mere marksman (or even a hunter of things other than man) to post a decal with that phrase. As an ex-Airborne solider, I have enormous respect for those SpecOp folks that practice the black arts, and enormous disdain for "PX cowboys" that want the glory without having endured the pain. I don't mean to insult anyone - that's just my opinion and why I phrased the decal the way that I did.

I'd be happy to post a picture of the decal, but I don't know how. If someone can tell me how to post an image, I'll do it.

10. trebark

11. AVY8R

AVY8R New Member

Duh! Should have thought to look at the FAQ's. Thanks.

[​IMG]

12. bigbuck

bigbuck Well-Known Member

Very nice decal .

But I like len's , there's just something about the deer in the cross hairs :)

BigBuck

13. trebark

That is pretty cool.

14. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Looks pretty neat, thanks for posting the pic.