Dealers willing to export from the US?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dangaff, Nov 16, 2010.

1. dangaff

dangaff Well-Known Member

Hi there guys,

I'm looking for a number of Bell & Carlson stocks which are in high demand in Australia, rifle-accuracy and every other distributor can't manage to export to us in Australia.
    They don't have the right papers and authority to do it, im guessing.
    So, what i thought was, if i was to get B&C to send the stocks to a exporter in the US to then send them over to me in Australia.
    This method will work, I don't require any paper work on my end, just on the US end for the government as there being declared as a 'military article' or something.

Does anybody know of a shop, website or anything i can get in contact with who has the authority to export these stocks?

Cheers guys
    Dan

2. dangaff

TTT..
    Anyone?

3. mo

mo Well-Known Member

have one shipped to me and I'll send it to you....

4. mo

mo Well-Known Member

guess you found a source???

5. dangaff

Half-half.
    Waiting on an e-mail back, otherwise nope

6. mo

mo Well-Known Member

Let me know? On export papers I can put gift so you won't be charged a import tax....

7. dangaff

Hi Mo,

How much would you charge to get a Bell & Carlson stock to me?
    Lets say in just a black finish
    Inletted for remington 700 BDL, vertical grip stock, aswell as just the standard medalist one?

Cheers mate
    Dan

8. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Pretty large fines if you get caught exporting restricted items without a permit. REALLY large.

9. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I wouldn't charge you anything, but actually shipping. So Len is a stock a restricted item? If it is I guess I'll skip out on my offer.

10. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I'll try to find out something tomorrow at USPS.

11. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Yes it is

12. mo

mo Well-Known Member

Len checked with postmaster today. He said I can ship the stock, that it is not restricted. I ask him to double check, and he said it was okay...

13. 300R

300R Well-Known Member

Stocks are not restricted items,i had a chat to one of the Mcmillan staff only a couple of weeks ago and they explained to me that stocks weren't restricted,they have sent me three stocks over the last year.
    I highly doubt one of the biggest companies in the world of aftermarket stocks and accessories would jeopardize their business to send me a couple of stocks, Downunder.Almost all gun parts are allowed so long as they are valued at or under $100us, anything above that requires the correct permits and paperwork.Things like bottom metals can be exported, so long as it is shipped without the magazine, i was told that the trigger guard attaches to the stock so it is exempt.
    Maybe us Aussie's should be exempt from all the restrictions:D,we are on the same team after all...even more so now as our brave soldiers will be sharing the same uniform as the U.S . Cheers fella's have a great day.

14. dangaff

You've got a PM mo.

Cheers 300R

Dan